Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 followers Follow

Not able to see my playlist from Rekordbox on the CDJ's

Hey forum I need your help. I have a 32gb sandisk usb with all my RB info and playlist which is almost full, so I bought a new 64gb Corsair Stealth usb flash drive. I synced RB playlist to the new usb and all looks good on RB, but when I connect the new usb to the CDJ 2000nexus I can't see my playlist. The only thing that pops up is a contents folder. I reformatted the usb drive and start the whole process all over again, and the playlist from RB doesn't show up. Again everything looks okay on RB side of things, but not on the CDJ's side. Attached is a picture of what I see when I connect the usb to the CDJ, and what it looks like when I connect the old usb... Can someone please help me out.

Angelo.

Angelo Boom

Please sign in to leave a comment.

10 comments

The Corsair Survivor drives seem to be problematic, if you're using a Mac, please try formatting them as HFS+ as that seems to result in fewer issues being read.

Pulse 0 votes

Angelo...did you ever find a solution? I'm having the same problem.  I can see my USB listed in devices when plugged into my PC.  Further, I can see my playlists listed when I expand my device. When I plug it into my CDJs, I don't see any of my playlists listed.  All I see is the Contents folder.

James Eaton 0 votes

Hey James, I took Pulse advise and did away with corsair survivor. Since doing so, everything has been working fine using Sandisk Ultra Flair 64gb.

Angelo Boom 0 votes

Hi Angelo,

I guess I'm getting used to the new workflow in RB 4.  I selected a playlist, and then right-clicked to "Export Playlist -> Name of device".  I thought that would be enough.

I didn't realize that I had to then select "Sync Manager" and export the playlist information to the device.  Once I did that, my playlist started showing up.

Thanks for the response.

Regards,

James

James Eaton 0 votes

@James > Not entirely true; it may have simply not written the database files unless you clicked the eject button beside the device name (it would have prompted you to do that via a pop-up window). You don't need to use the Sync Manager AND export.

Pulse 0 votes

Hi,

I'm having this same problem - I've tried reformatting my SanDisk USB so that it's now MS-DOS (FAT 32) and I can see Contents and Pioneer folders when it's plugged into my Mac but as soon as I plug it into my CDJ's the only folder available is Contents.

I've used export, sync manager, nothing's working. I've also tried 2 different USB's all with the same issue... Help please!!!

Ngaio Anyia 0 votes

@Ngaio > Before you removed the device, did you happen to click the little icon next to the USB drive name to write the database? (Sorry, I don't have a screenshot for you at the moment.)

What is the model of SanDisk USB drive?

Pulse 0 votes

Hello!

I have the same problem as what is shown in the screen shots and original poster's description. I am using a PNY Turbo Attache 3 128GB USB stick. I have formatted the drive multiple times to FAT32 with Master Boot Record. That same USB stick works correctly in a friend's XDJ-RR controller. My other 32GB (SanDisk Cruzer Glide) and 64GB (EMTEC) USB sticks work on my CDJ 2000nxs with no problem.

In Rekordbox on my PC, I performed a Sync Manager sync of a few playlists and clicked the eject icon after it was done syncing before removing the USB from my PC. Rekordbox is able to view the playlists on the USB stick normally after the sync. The songs are all there in the [Contents] folder on the CDJ, but I don't have the [Playlist][Track][Key][etc] options. Having those are critical since navigating through artists, then albums, then to songs within the [Contents] folder is tedious.

It seems like there might be a problem with my CDJs since the same USB stick works properly on another Pioneer product. Before returning these USB sticks and randomly trying other brands, I'd like to understand what the problem is. Especially if the core issue is something with my CDJs.

-------------------------------------

Here's another interesting issue that may be related. I have a 32GB USB stick that I got made as a promotional product. When using them in my CDJ, the issue described above does not happen, however sometimes the CDJ will either go into emergency loop mode during a song or when loading a new song, I'll get a spinning wheel forever and I have to power cycle the CDJ to recover. Normally I'd just chalk it up to cheap USB parts, however the same USB stick works a lot better on other friends' XDJ-RR, XDJ-1000mk2, and XDJ-RX2. We were able to get the issue to happen once or twice on the XDJ-1000mk2's, but it was rare, unlike on my CDJ-2000nxs which happens frequently. This issue seems to happen more often on my CDJs when I have many playlists (5+) and I'm playing songs from different playlists.

1) Operating System - Windows 7
2) OS Type - Windows
3) rekordbox version - 5.6.0 rev 16018-14965-15020 x64
4) Using LINK - Yes
4b) LINK Connection method - Crossover ethernet cable
4c) Using with CDJs - Yes

6) Export Flash drive file system: FAT32
6b) Connection type: huh?
6c) Does the device have multiple partitions - no
6d) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device - no
6e) With what utility did you format the device - both guiformat.exe and Disk Utility
7) Have you scanned your files for errors - no, but they work fine on my other USB sticks
7b) Have you scanned your drive for errors - no, but my other usb sticks work fine
8) Is rekordbox crashing at all - no
8a) If crashing, is it resulting in(DO NOT POST YOUR CRASH LOG UNLESS REQUESTED!)
8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages - no
9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem - yes
9a) If yes, can you do it consistently - 100% reproducible
10) Does the problem occur with one specific song: N/A
10a) If yes, please post a link to it: N/A
11) Any other notes regarding your setup only - CDJ 2000nxs v1.43 firmware

Bryan Chang 0 votes

@Bryan > From what you describe, with the PNY drive working in the XDJ-RR but not the CDJ-2000NXS, I'd say that the CDJ simply has an issue with the USB drive memory manager in the PNY drive. The CDJ can read other drives, so it's not the CDJ itself.

My recommendation would be to use a different brand of drive - I personally have tested a handful of drives and found the SanDisk Extreme Pro USB3.0 to be one of the best and most universally compatible.

As for that promo drive, they're garbage. You can't expect that anything a company is giving away as swag will have any quality at all - they're going cheap, and cheap != good. Turf it and use a better drive.

Pulse 0 votes

Thank you for the response. Going to run more tests on other brands to make sure I know which one works for certain on my CDJs before buying.

Bryan Chang 0 votes