Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Dj online with cdj900nxs traktor s4 and switching between cdjs stand alone and traktor

I use my traktor s4 to my pc line in to dj online.
First question.
Can i mix oldskool with my s4 and cdj900nxs or do i have to use traktor ?
Secondly
Hid does not show on my cdj screens but i can link my cdjs to a b c or d decks. But i cant get sound to my line in on my pc it wants to use traktors soundcard i am so confused i know i need to use one soundcard but just cant get it right. Does anyone understand what im on about ?

Thanks in advance Shakkadreadz

Shakka Dickson

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

1) The Kontrol S4 cant be used as a standalone mixer, you have to use Traktor for this.
2) is the firmware of the 900's up to date? You should attach the master out of the S4 to the line in of your PC.... or use Traktors own possibilities to record and broadcast, check NI's forum for help on that!

Peter Ywe van Bruggen 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Yes firmware upto date but theres no hid option on the cdjs atm i have the master out in line in on my pc it is s4 selected as soundcard i think i need to select one soundcard. So i need to save for a stand alone mixer too pffft should the cdjs be plugged in to s4's input or just connected to pc usb ? Ty for your time

Shakka Dickson 0 votes

To record you need to set up to your pc built in sound card. Although I don't have used an s4 I think it must be possible. You can use the live inputs in traktor and mix with other sources then hid only. Therefore you need to connect with usb to the pic AND rca. Like I said, the things you want are probably easier to find at NI's forum, like here:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/knowledge-base/show/77/how-to-set-up-a-pioneer-device-for-advanced-hid-control-with-traktor-pro-2/

Peter Ywe van Bruggen 0 votes

The s4 is working great its not recording its djing live to a chat room. ive added the cdjs and its now got 3 soundcards and you only need to make one work. i just need the settings in traktor i will pop over to the ni forums thankyou for your help mate.

Shakka Dickson 0 votes