Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

10 followers Follow

Ableton Link is open-source now, Serato is already in, what about rekordbox?

Any plans to integrate Rekordbox with Ableton Link which gone open-source recently? Serato has already added Ableton link support to its latest beta and it works really nice: you can now sync your tracks to ableton and lots of other music apps including reason, remixlive and more ios enabled apps.

Tim

Official comment

Currently - rekordbox in EXPORT mode will work to the SP-16, as the beatgrid is sent over the Pro DJ link. We have had many requests for the same for rekordbox dj (PERFORMANCE mode), and hope our team will be able to integrate that kind of functionality in a future update. Thanks for the feedback.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Post is closed for comments.

14 comments

This would be a great addition.  

Also Rekordbox needs to be able to communicate with a Toraiz.  

Kompiler 0 votes

I already created a feature suggestion this afternoon...-just support it there...
There are simply no arguments for not implementing it...

Marek 0 votes

Long line of feature requests ahead of this I would imagine such as concentrating on bringing RBDJ basics up to scratch before adding anything else - although am sure if they can charge for the plug-in option you might see it appear v.quickly :D

K

Kvaldini 0 votes

Well, this is quite a ground breaking feature. Not having it will definitely make many people to choose or stick with Serato as they can finally sync other software and gear to your DJ performance. When you compare it to other feature requests which are more ore less nonsense or would bring just a small benefit for a limited group of users, this is something that you can't afford not to have implemented (if you at care of your customers enough, to implement a well documented, opensource technology) .

In other words, I am now using more Serato than SDJ because of this feature and can imagine other users having both applications to do the same because you know - it has THE Link....

Marek 0 votes

Am sure basic mixing and stable software will attract more people than another CPU draining feature to further bulk up an already shaky software base.

One step at a time me thinks... Serato as you should already know (based on the above), tried this with 'The Bridge' with Ableton before Serato DJ was anywhere near solid enough = huge disaster, project scraped and it has taken three years for this to return (and a lot of sceptical users who were burnt the first time around!).

Trust me, new is not always better, any half decent dj will tell you stability is 100% top priority and anything else further along the chain (EFX, Samplers, Plug Ins) are a nice to have performance 'enhancing' bonus.

K

Kvaldini 0 votes

Am sure basic mixing and stable software will attract more people than another CPU draining feature to further bulk up an already shaky software base.

...and thats why they added the video features.... ;-)

I am getting your point but still - there are "features" and "Features".... RBDJ already have the sync features so there is no technical issue implementing sync to "something" other than another RBDJ deck... Basically, this feature is nothing but another sync destination.

Marek 0 votes

A simple MIDI In/Out clock from RB to Ableton would not create strain on the CPU. The strain would be caused by running the two programs concurrently in addition to what type of plugins were being operated within Ableton during the set. Any decent machine with an i5 or i7 will work just fine.

lostnthesound 0 votes

Pioneer DJ should definitely add the Ableton Link functionality on Rekorkbox a couple of months ago. Their own outboard gear like the Toraiz SP-16 should be able to run smoothly and synchronized with Rekordbox DJ software for hybrid setups. I want it to be able to sync my Maschine or Ableton Live to Rekordbox DJ badly. I hope it will be included in the next update.

FilterGate 0 votes

Been waiting for Ableton Link for Rekordbox for a year now. What the hell, Pioneer DJ? Why is it hard to ask for such a simple implementation?

Cardinal Zen 0 votes

how is the Ableton link update coming?  Hopefully before 2019?  Pretty Please.

Leatherwood 0 votes

Pioneer you lose client as we speak. Link 🔗 to Ableton is basic in end of 2018.
Your name is "pioneer" so fill this name with meaning. You need to be the first pioneers to add Ableton (to most popular production music app in the world)
Link to your flag ship dj software. We will not wait forever that for sure

Eylon Sherf 0 votes

Sorry, but you'll still have to wait - we don't have any information available at this time.

Pulse 0 votes