Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 followers Follow

Cant drag and drop tracks from my PC to rekordbox!

Hi,

Another problem with rekordbox now, basically I cant no longer drag and drop tracks to any new created playlist. The only way to import tracks is from the menu at the top and it will  import it to collection, than after that i can drag and drop from collection to whatever playlist i create.

When trying to drag and drop i get a symbol like a restricted one ( circle with a line in the center )

Before I was able to just drag from the file explorer directly to rekordbox? any ideas?

Ricardo Bribiescas

Please sign in to leave a comment.

20 comments

No, Rekordbox behaves so oddly  these days... and some pioneer experts just reply to me syaing the only way to add music to a playlist is by adding it first to the collection  and then drag and drop to the playlist which is true. But before that i was able to jsut drag and drop from my pc folder to the playlist section....

Ricardo Bribiescas 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Worked fine here on Win8.1 and rekordbox 4.2.2. Which OS are you running?

Pulse 0 votes

I'm running up to date Win10 on a brand new Dell XPS with 4.2.2.

DJ Phil 0 votes

I know it can be done ... where are you dragging from? What is the source? Is it a local drive?

Pulse 0 votes

collection or playlist none allows you to do so... i have a video tho can post it in the inquery i did dont know if you can see those... also i had another inquery about the xdj rx they havent contacted me or nothing

Ricardo Bribiescas 0 votes

I'm having the exact same problem, dragging from a folder on my computer's drive... Worked just fine earlier, now it does not. Tried restarting Rekordbox to no avail. Running 5.4.3 (Performance) on Windows 10, Lenovo E485 with AMD Ryzen 7

Thibault Trouvé 0 votes

@Thibault > Where are you dragging to? Is it into a playlist or just the collection?

I should also point out that you're using an AMD processor, which is not supported - so while it may be working, we can't guarantee rekordbox performance or stability.

Pulse 0 votes

Dragging to playlist nor collection works. Using File > Import works. Hope you plan on ironing out the kinks of Rekordbox support for AMD processors. Works almost fine otherwise, apart from crashes on start up when I do not disable my DDJ-RB in Windows' Sounds options first.

Thibault Trouvé 0 votes

Yeah, it worked just fine the day before yesterday, then yesterday, after restarting my laptop, it wouldn't import by dragging from the file explorer anymore. It still does not work.

Just now I restarted again, and guess what, rekordbox gives me the "unexpected application error" and quits on launch three times, even when all my sound cards are disabled in windows. Then I open Chrome, and mysteriously, Rekordbox would open again without errors. Maybe it's time to reinstall rekordbox.

I had this problem as well in the very beginning, after restoring the library backup .zip of my old laptop (just got this E485 a few weeks ago). Then I reinstalled rekordbox and it would at least start and let me play with no problems, as long as I would disable my DDJ-RB sound card in Windows before launching rekordbox. Otherwise it would just give me the unexpected error log and quit.

Windows 10 Version 1809 Build 17763.316

Thibault Trouvé 0 votes

I'd start flipping the bird at that AMD processor. ;) After what you've described with the crashing and errors, I'm unable to provide further assistance on this issue. It's possible the explorer integration is related, but I can't say for certain. Sorry!

Pulse 0 votes

Ok, thanks anyway! I hope this gets worked out in the future though, Intel's hegemony must end and AMD is steadily gaining traction ;-)

Thibault Trouvé 0 votes

AMD users keep saying that but... lol

If ever we do, I'm sure it will be announced.

Pulse 0 votes

I have an Intel i5 6600K and I still can't drag and drop from explorer. I get the circle symbol as well. It's not an AMD thing. This has just happened recently with the new versions of Rekordbox. I use 5.4.3 and nothing I have tried would let me drag and drop from the Windows file explorer.

Ben Menke 0 votes

on a sidenote: I'm still having this problem (reinstalling rekordbox did not help), and the crashes at startup are erratic as ever - rb will crash about half of the time, even if I just try twice in a row and change nothing to my setup/sound settings, it might just crash twice in a row and then start up without problems the third time, no explainable cause)

It's a really strange problem and it would be cool if someone could check out my error .dmp: https://we.tl/t-i4ZHLxYssN

Pulse: if you want I can create a new thread for this, but seeing that I already explained my situation above... Let me know

Thanks,

Thibault

Thibault Trouvé 0 votes

Just now installed Rekordbox 5.6.0 and am able to drag and drop again.

Don't know if that was listed in the fixes, but it's magically fixed. And I am grateful.

Now it's back to business.

:)

Ben Menke 0 votes