Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 followers Follow

RZX

While I understand why pioneer is locking the firmware for the ddj RZX, myself as im sure with many other people, will not buy this controller due to this fact.

As many djs are paid good money to perform with no issues, it is too risky to start with a new piece of software they are unfamiliar with. Rekordbox is still a newer platform and are bound to have crashes, as reported.

Please unlock your new controllers to allow people the flexibility to choice their own software. If you are really confident and believe in your product (rekordbox), you should feel the need to restrict it's use. If its the best product out there, people will use it. You are currently limiting the rzx's exposure which is unfortunate because i would buy it...

Matthew Hoffman

Please sign in to leave a comment.

7 comments

who is saying they're locked? they're HID devices aren't they meaning its up to serato, native instruments, etc....  to make them work

BriChi 0 votes

The firmware has the unit locked so it cannot be used as a midi controller by other programs. Some of the earlier ddj controllers (sx, sx2, sz) didnt have this limitation.

Matthew Hoffman 0 votes

as you can see in Manual Page 38-39 you are able to Forcefully using the unit as the general MIDI controller but the controller should chose them "self".

AUTO: Operation automatically changes depending on whether or not rekordbox is running
GENERAL: Regardless of whether or not rekordbox is running, this unit forcefully operates as a general midi controller.

So in my mind you should simply start Traktor ore the software you want to use and the unit should work as general midi.

So in my mind the unit isnt realy locked

roBRoy 0 votes

i just bought it let me try tonight to see if i can get it to work with Serato 

Tommy Bedford 0 votes

The RZX is designed and Conceived to work on Pioneer rekordbox. (also Traktor should work on here ... )
But if you want to use Serato DJ than you need needs a different mixer / controller ore an audio interface that is desigend to work on it.
See the Serato Hardware Support Site for help.

roBRoy 0 votes