Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Teething Problems

So I went and bought an SP-16 today and immediately I've hit issues. Firstly the shop where I bought it failed to advise me that i need audio cables to hook into my NXS2 system, question is though what type of cable do i connect into my mixer given the line inputs are 1/8 and the Toraiz 1/4? 

Im sure that's an easy one to resolve though.

The other issue which is really annoying is ive downloaded some samples from loopmasters but when i select external USB from the browse menu nothing appears. Ive used three different usb drives and formatted them & I've put the samples into the Toraiz folder as instructed but nothing. 

Have i made a bad decision purchasing this thing?

Paulm72

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

Firstly its not a bad decision depending on what you intend to do with the Sp 16. Let me try and help.:

1. You first have to insert your new USB drive into the SP 16 so it sets up the Toraiz and sub folders

2. Now plug the USB drive to your PC and transfer the samples to the Samples folder under the Toariz folder. Almost all LM samples are 24b 44.1 so they should be readable.

3. Plug the USB drive into the Toraiz and Viola - it should be visible. 

are you able to see the external USB drive on the SP 16? 

TCO TCO (Cosmic Order) 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

HI Again, 

I was uploading the files to a USB drive but just putting them into the Toraiz folder. To actually see the files on the unit you have to put them all in the samples sub folder that's created by the Toriaz. Easy enough mistake and to my knowledge not really well explained on the FAQ section. 

however now i'm up and running I really like the unit and pleased with my purchase, played around last night and really quickly got a good arrangement going.

with the future firmware releases the future looks bright for this unit and if you recall my previous post it's giving a basic understanding that I can then take into production using maschine

Thanks for your support ;-)

Paulm72 0 votes

ok good to know its working. Yes its an excellent unit and i think it will get some awards next year for the sleekest user interface on a product. They dint innovate and they dint do it first but they have done it right IMHO, they just gotta keep the firmware development coming!

TCO TCO (Cosmic Order) 0 votes