Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

Pioneer SP-16 CDJ Sync with 3rd party mixer

Hi i have

2 x CDJ nxs2000

1x A&H DB4

No matter what i do I cant get the beat sync to select auto so it automatically sync with the master deck, i can do it manually but its such a pain in a live performance and sometimes i forget, how do i get it to sync automatically to the master?

Scott Rotton

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

You can't. The auto sync is only currently supported on the NXS2 and Tour1 CDJs. Maybe it will come in a later firmware?

Phil 1 vote
Comment actions Permalink

thanks for your replies,

thats a very poor effort by pioneer to not support the first nxs its still a very current machine and probably has the largest install base, i doubt theres a valid reason hardware wise why nxs2000 cant be supported, if its not supported by the next firmware update im just going to have to jump ship to Traktor  or something as they just seem to be trying to grab more and more cash from people while providing a mediocre service.

The device was release with a very basic firmware which i can deal with for the most part but you expect it to work properly with the last 2 generations, really disappointing to see such a half arsed attempt. Its not like its a cheap device its massively overpriced so there's no reason they cant pump some extra cash it to getting it working adequately 

Scott Rotton 1 vote

Same with the XDJ... no auto sync. Should be simple to implement with an update just as all other devices. I am sure nobody will buy the flagship just to get it synced properly. It should work with all Pioneer devices, and I agree the extra click in a live set to change the master is a pain.

Matz 0 votes