Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 followers Follow

NXS2 CDJ Waveform for HID

Hi  We need CDJ waveforms for NXS2 in HID.  As in the moving ones on screen.  So as you scratch they will play to in line with the PC software.  Rekordbox, Traktor, Virtual DJ, Serato etc.

Sam Randell

Official comment

The update, as noted by @BriChi, does not necessarily mean for other software. It works in rekordbox, but not Virtual, Traktor, or Serato DJ -- only the overview waveform is displayed. It's not a limitation of technical ability, but of developmental cost on behalf of the software companies.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

8 comments

rekordbox DJ already does this, its up to the other companies to implement it also

BriChi 0 votes

Traktor 2 is now supported and should show the waveform, but I will verify this and get to you.

Jay 0 votes

We don't have the scratch waveform.  As in moving waveform, when play is initialized.

Sam Randell 0 votes

Correct, you get the "overview" static waveform, not the moving waveform–those are on the laptop screen. :)

HID via Pioneer CDJ/XDJ has never had moving waveforms. If I had to speculate, I would guess that a USB connection being able to move data one direction only would be the biggest hurdle for getting moving waveforms in HID mode because it would take a significant amount of bandwidth–this is why it can be done on RBDJ via the ProDJ Link/DJM USB setup since CAT5 can handle the heavy data. Just a guess and I've been wrong before.

Cheers.

lostnthesound 0 votes

It's possible being rekordbox Dj now displays the moving waveform on the nexus 2

BriChi 0 votes

Yes, that's what I said in my previous post "...this is why it can be done on RBDJ via the ProDJ Link/DJM USB setup." :)

lostnthesound 0 votes

I don't buy bandwidth as an issue.  

Even good old USB 2.0 has 480Mbps of bandwidth (and hopefully, the new players are USB 3.0, which is 5,000Mbps).  

We all stream 1080p video over our broadband connections today, at data rates of around 5-8Mbps.

A little scrolling waveform is far far less bandwidth than a full video stream :)

So we know the deck can display waveforms, and we know Traktor can send them externally (look at the Kontrol S8/D2 as an example).  

Let's push them to link the two together :)

Ryan0751 0 votes