Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

32 Second Sample Playback Limitation

I was going to ask why the 32 second sample limitation is not being removed in future update plans but decided to ask this question instead:

If the Toraiz could play full tracks, would it still be necessary for a DJ to use a CDJ? If the answer is no, then I think we have a pretty good idea to whether Pioneer will ever remove the 32 second sample time limitation.

What do you think?

Clay McClain

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

Fair question, but I think they're smarter than that.

This product starts and ends with the OS, so I gotta believe their focus is to start acquiring customers, like myself, who are sick of being tied to a computer,  and implementing features to attract that customer base. Once that wheel is fully turning I believe the rest will come. 

Most computer based musicians I know, are more likely to sample from sample libraries or vinyl, than form CDJ's.

Creal 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Well think about it,even if it can play a full track you still can't scratch or do the tricks the cdj can do on the toraiz,i had suggested the 32 sec to be able to load full tracks or at least give us 3 min of sample that is enough to play a good portion of a track especially those old skool 7 and 8 min tracks

Jova 0 votes

It's just odd to have a 32 second sample playback limitation on a so called professional sampler. It was unheard of until the Toraiz arrived. Honestly, this issue is the brick wall from keeping me from buying it but I am watching closely at those updates. I just didn't think full track playback was an unreasonable request/feature for a sampler - modern or old. 

My hat still goes off to Pioneer.

Clay McClain 0 votes

I hear you,but i have no doubt in my mind that pioneer is taking the comp out of circulation and will update all this making it the best sampler in the market like they did with the cdj players it's a matter of wait i guess,but i think they need to hurry before to many people change their minds and buy some other junk out there that requires a computer,i have to admit at first i was not too happy with it and i can't use it as i wish but looking at the future updates i'm feeling ok about the purchase i've been learning a lot of features this unit has to offer and it has potential to kick some ass,all i can say is don't throw away your money on a different sampler and wait until 2017 they say it will have a lot of features.

https://www.pioneerdj.com/en-us/news/2016/planned-updates-to-toraiz-sp-16-from-november-2016/

Jova 0 votes

Hear ya guys, but the Toariz excels and what it does in terms of its work flow, interface and potential upgrades. It wont be a replacement to Cdjs- why would it. you may call it a phrase sampler for now, who knows they could lift the sampling limit sometime in the future , it still cuts teeth without that. 

TCO TCO (Cosmic Order) 0 votes