Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

8 followers Follow

normalise tracks in Rekordbox

I see that from version 4.2 Rekordbox has the ability to normalise tracks, but how do I that? I searched through the manual but there is no mention of it in there.

I'm using mp3gain at the moment but would love to use it within RKB if it exists.

Hayo Reinders

Please sign in to leave a comment.

16 comments

Would be great if it was automatic with 'track import' options...
Following your post with keen eyes

Marxman (AUS) 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Now "that" would be an improvement to catch up 2016 ! #LookingForwardToIt

Christophe Platteeuw 0 votes

I believe this feature is applied when you record directly within rekordbox in export mode only :/

Ravinstomper 0 votes

True Ravinstomper, but that's the least of my concern :-) I just hate it to continuously search for the correct level while playing a live set.  It's sooooo easy if all were set to the same level. I'm used to that, as a former Traktor user.

I use the vu meters as a visual and my ears to find the correct level in each fequancy in my mixes. It's always best than have it done automatically. I think there is an option in rekordbox performance for auto gain like in traktor if that's your preferred workings. But it only boost the overall volume and not depandant highs mids and lows for a more silky transitions :)

Ravinstomper 0 votes

Manually adjusting your levels using the trim/gain is part of being a DJ. ;)

Pulse 1 vote

True, Pulse :-) But so was beatmatching 20 years ago. Didn't need dozens of time to set beatgrids then #PleaseFlashMeBackInTime :-)

What a poor response from someone who represents a business that's supposed to be at the cutting-edge of DJ technology. Not to mention the fact that rival companies have an auto gain function built into their software. The tech is there, so implement it. Not having to constantly fiddle about with the trim/gain takes nothing away from "being a DJ". All it does is improve the consistency of overall volume in the mix.

Luke Hanson 2 votes

Most of the auto-gain modes in software don't work properly... I understand your desire to have the equivalent to a sync button for the levels, but setting a level takes much less time than beatmatching, and chances are good your ears will do a better job than the software at matching overall loudness anyhow.

Pulse 0 votes

Hi, same question for me. I see that we can normalise songs but i don't find how to do ?
Could you help me please ?

Chaplin AC 0 votes

Normise is a feature you apply after you have recorded a track from an external source ie vinyl.

It's only available in export mode. This adds a peak boost to a low level recording.

In performance mode you have an option to add auto gain. This levels all loaded tracks at a set volume. Not sure if it's default to 0db or it set all tracks to the same level as the 1st track played. I'm not keen on this feature myself as I've always levelled my EQs from way back in the day of vinyl and will continue to do so.

Ravinstomper 0 votes

Tbh use a more professional recording studio software to record from sources like audacity. Then you can apply much more than just normalise.

Ravinstomper 0 votes

So is Pioneer saying that this option isn't available in Rekordbox? If its not, its fine. But if its there, I want to know how to use it and if someone could point how to find that option in the software. Thanks

djuribrisbane 0 votes