Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 followers Follow

TORAIZ ROTARY ENCODERS - FINE TUNE???

I'm really enjoying the Toraiz. The workflow and UI click nicely with me.

However, one thing that is bugging me is how the rotary encoders affect the parameters. 

The encoders are notched and the values of any given parameter change with each 'click' of the encoder. This is fine for parameters with small ranges of say 100 or so, for example pan or volume. But when you start using it to control something like the LP filter cut-off frequency where you're working with ranges of thousands of Hz, suddenly you're jumping 1000+ Hz with each click of the dial! Totally Mad because it it is impossible to do smooth sweeps or even subtle change to the filter - it's huge jumps or nothing.

Am I missing something here?

henryo

Official comment

thanks guys for the feedback. I also agree with you on this. I will pass this along to our production team. 

Thanks

D.j. Creme
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

6 comments

yep, definitely agree with this post. Needs to be allowed to have finer increments at least. 

Andrew Hadjiantoni 0 votes

True,i have noticed that,maybe smaller amounts on each click of dial would be better.

Jova 0 votes

+1. The shift button would be a good candidate to allow finer increments, where relevant.

Simon Fine 0 votes

I feel silly now - obviously none of us tried holding down shift to get finer increments... because it works! Shift + turn filter freq encoder = finer increments!!!! Although I have to say maybe a little too fine - nice for programming accurately - but way too fine for sweeps when playing live - although could program the touch strip to do this.

henryo 0 votes