Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

1 follower Follow

A few questions, again

Hi. Seems that my thread has been forgotten, so I'll post it again...

Yesterday I tried out Rekordbox in a club and I'm really happy with it. Absolutely no problems whatsoever. I need to get used to minor differences between Rekordbox and Serato, but that's not a big problem. I used DJM-900NXS2 (as a soundcard) and 2x CDJ-2000 (HID).

As I said, I come from Serato so I'd like to know a few things:

1) Browsing tracks in performance mode.
In Serato and also in Rekordbox, but only in Export mode, I can just type something on the keyboard (start of the artists name for example) and the track list jumps right to that name in the list. In Performance mode that doesn't work. Can I somehow switch this feature on?

2) Protect library.
It's really annoying when selecting a track and then accidentally clicking it again the edit function jumps in. I usually don't edit track info when performing, so it would be nice if I could turn that feature off completely. Can I do this in Rekordbox? I've searched Preferences but can't seem to find such a setting.

3) Midi mapping.
As CDJ-2000 doesn't have sync, master, quantize and slip buttons, can I assign these values to other buttons on the CDJ? For example: Sync = CUE/LOOP CALL left arrow; master = CUE/LOOP CALL right arrow; quantize = DELETE; slip = MEMORY button.

Thanks.

Gunnar Tamm

Please sign in to leave a comment.