Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Toraiz - Some questions to the next step

Hi everybody

I'm a half happy with my Toraiz. I've finally bought it. I feel in love with the concept since it had announced. Paid in France 1595€, 1752$… and when i came home from the store, i set it up and try to surf on it, as i've seen a lot of videos on youtube. Last year i bought a MPC1000 and later the JJOS2XL and i've some beat programmation on it!
I try to navigate on the toraiz menu and and is easy compared to the MPC.
But i think as is the first version, they lack some things in hardware and software and each time i try to go deep on it, i think the price shouldn't be so high.
Pioneer can say that the will upgrade the firmware to add more functions but is a lot of money to put on standby for something that should be a mature stuff and wait for theese upgrades

Is hard to see the step and pattern numbers in low light condition.
I think that theese buttons, pad mode selections buttons, hold, mode, shift, rec, stop, play, scene and pattern, should have a low light indicator when diactivacted and then change the collor when activated!
As the price of the memory is not so high, why put only 8gb on a 1600€ sampler? At least you should allow us to change the memory without avoid the waranty!

I've some questions after to decide to go back!
With Toraiz is possible to set the Pattern Loop / Bar Loop Size, to more than 4 Patterns of 16 Steps (For example, at 120 BPM, 16 Step of 4 Pattern, 64 Step at Total, is more or less 8 sec).

As i'm not a finger drummer to do all live so, repeating a song each 8 seconds, is painfull...

We can try do something that can help using the song arrangement but, i still don't know how to set the arrangement that it can repeat over and over again!(with Akai MPC 1000 we can set to 999 Bars!!! and repeat the Bars over and over again)

Did the Toraiz had Undo function?The Toraiz have the Copy / Cut / Paste function? For example, copy / cut / paste trig automation, pads settings, etc, as the 16 Steps buttons isn't touch sensitive

I still have some days to study and learn it and return it to the store if i cant figure some things that i can do with my MPC 1000, a 22 years older machine and tech.

Thank you in advance

Unbesbai

Official comment

Hi Unbesbai,

Thank you for the points you have made.

In reply to some of your questions...

With Toraiz is possible to set the Pattern Loop / Bar Loop Size, to more than 4 Patterns of 16 Steps (For example, at 120 BPM, 16 Step of 4 Pattern, 64 Step at Total, is more or less 8 sec).

Within each PATTERN, you can only change the LENGTH up to 4 bars.

Did the Toraiz had Undo function?

We are currently looking into this.

Stephen Herdman
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

1 comment