Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Help converting different formats.!

I imported my iTunes into my rekordbox but cant load any of the tracks. Could someone explain to me what exactly i have to do to convert these tracks to a different format. 

Jorge Garcia

Please sign in to leave a comment.

17 comments

not sure what format they are in, where would i have to go to find out?

Jorge Garcia 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

You don't have anything in the location row so that's probably why.

I would just re-import your files by going up to file - import - import folder.

I don't use iTunes. Might be a problem with your iTunes library xml.

Matt Campbell 0 votes

i just re imported the itunes file and restarted rekordbox but it still shows that the tracks are not supported.

Jorge Garcia 0 votes

Do they play in iTunes?  Like I said it could be a problem with the iTunes library xml but you'd have to move or delete your iTunes database and force iTunes to make a new empty one.

I would just skip iTunes all together and import the music folder on your hard drive into Rekordbox directly but that's just my personal opinion.

Matt Campbell 0 votes

they play in iTunes, its just that when i try to load a track in rekordbox they wont load. 

How would i do what you have recommended?

Jorge Garcia 0 votes

I import everything into Rekordbox directly by using file - import - import folder - and selecting the folder with my music and music videos.

I used to use iTunes but it's too bloated these days.  Rekordbox isn't as powerful as iTunes with the smartplaylists but I hope someday it'll get better.

Matt Campbell 0 votes

i wanted to use iTunes because i purchased all of my music, i didn't want to have to download any music from the internet 

Jorge Garcia 0 votes

so is there any way i can transfer some of the songs on iTunes to a different folder so i could import them into rekordbox.

Jorge Garcia 0 votes

Your music folder should already be highlighted in the dialog box that pops up so just click ok and it should import your iTunes music directly into Rekordbox's collection

Matt Campbell 0 votes

Would you happen to know how to delete files in the left hand toolbar? These folder happen to be imported when i was trying to import iTunes 

Jorge Garcia 0 votes

That's your hard drive files that are showing so you don't wanna delete those but you can hide them in the prefs

Matt Campbell 0 votes

You don't need to convert them; if iTunes will play them, so will rekordbox... as long as they are DRM-free.

Have you imported them TO rekordbox using the Sync Manager or iTunes bridge?

Pulse -1 votes