Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 followers Follow

Possible to record MIDI into Toraiz using MIDI controller?

I'd like to use the Toraiz to sequence my synths, but doing so by manually entering notes one by one or by using pads would be a nightmare. 

James Womack

Please sign in to leave a comment.

6 comments

It takes some practice or getting used to if you are new, its akin to using any pad based controller like Maschine e.t.c Hopefully a good update to the Scales mode should make this process more intuitive and hopefully Pio DJ can keep building on it. 

The issue i see is that you cannot record the sequence on Midi Thru. So while these updates are definitely welcome, they are not necessarily complete.

TCO TCO (Cosmic Order) 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Hi @D.j. Creme! Thanks for helping me. Thank for the link. I'd already read the addendum. My MIDI-enabled keyboard is connected to the Toraiz MIDI in via MIDI DIN. I've setup a MIDI track. The MIDI out of the Toraiz is connected to a number of other drum machines and synths that are MIDI-enabled. I want to play notes and chords on my MIDI enabled keyboard while the Toraiz is in rcord mode and have those notes and records saved to the MIDI track(s) so that I can replay them later, resulting in the Toraiz controlling my various drum machines and synths. This is like the MPC and also what I though the Toraiz' MIDI tracks were for. Perhaps I'm mistaken though :)

James Womack 0 votes

I am experiencing a bug. I can use an external midi keyboard to trigger sample tracks (and record triggers) but not midi tracks (I have tried USB and midi). I have made sure that all settings are as they should be in the Utility screen. I noted this a while back here:

https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/255511186-BUG-midi-note-in-for-MIDI-track-does-not-work 

Has anyone managed to use an external midi controller to record midi triggers (not sample trigs)?

Simon Fine 0 votes

Has anyone figured this out yet? For the life of me I can't figure it out. Is this a bug or just a lack of development from Pioneer?

Like James said, we should be able to play notes in with a midi controller and have them recorded for playback with the rest of the tracks. This is how midi tracks should work. 

Is this really happening right now? Pioneer, What's going on???

Ray Robinson 3 1 vote

I am still waiting for this problem to be resolved to! I have a virus ti polar that i want to play midi into the PIOneer Toriaz  .this shouldn't be a problem. PLEASE PIONEEER PUT THIS IN YOUR UPDATE FOR US SOON!

DJ HIPNOTIC STARR 1 vote