Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 followers Follow

rekordbox 4.2.5 export USB slow

Export to usb slow in 4.2.5
In 4.2.4 was very fast.

Before 15 minutes 1000 songs, now it takes hours !!!!

Only update rekordbox, same Mac, same USB

Dj Sandom

Official comment

If you have done a major change (such as adding the key), it's possible the entire dataset is being re-exported.

And yes, I will say it's your slow USB drive - if I export 1000 songs it doesn't take even 15 minutes.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

14 comments

Possible that after analyzing key of the whole collection has complicated the archive collection?

Dj Sandom 0 votes

< According to Pioneer, it's your slow usb drive fault =) /sarcasm>

Žiga Hacin 0 votes

USB 3.0, and you know.... at 4.2.5 it run like a TURTLE.....(((( at previous versin all ok

DJ Alex Zander 0 votes

In all other programs this usb flash work very fast! And i think that you dont read my message. In 4.2.4 all work normal.

DJ Alex Zander 0 votes

I useSanDisk 32GB Ultra Fit USB 3.0 130 MB/s  for a long time, before in cdj, now in xdj, also in car and for video, I discard that is the problem.

I mean 1000 songs via rekordbox.
Without rekordbox 5 minutes, or less.
Copy 1.5gb movie about 30 seconds.

I think that pulse is right since you modify all the songs,
Update to 4.2.4 and the same situation.
Probably if I delete everything and import again I will fast.
Also I have to format the mac, since I have hardware of another brand, that does not work well, with osx update.

Although it is not a solution since it will erase all the information on the tracks.

Should save the information in the metadata, so as not to waste time, as long as the system is not 100% reliable.

Also I think, we should give the complete version, to all those who spend so much time trying the software, in exchange for our patience.

Dj Sandom 0 votes

Verified.

Reinstalling system and software, works fast, was not problem rekordbox update, it was library problem.
Should improve library.

Dj Sandom 0 votes

Rekordbox 4.2.5..........24 Hours and counting to export 15gb to usb drive, this is totally unacceptable.

gorillapimp42420 0 votes

Yesterday, when i inserted usb with analysed files to mac to sync, rekordbox gave me error that database on usb is corrupted (even tho everything worked fine on cdj). So i reformatted it (because rkdb doesnt have any option to just correct database, it will transfer all files again - brilliant engineering). At first i did speedtest on my usb drive, to prove Pulse that he is wrong. 

Speedtest was created with 1gb files, so speeds with smaller files are lower, which i understand. But i started syncing 20minutes ago and rkdb transfered 2,8gb until now. The library is about 100gb big so .. even without counting i know that i'm screwed on my NYs eve gig. Tnx god for backup which i have on another usb, but that things are not acceptable. Slow transfer, no library fixing without copy everything again etc.

Žiga Hacin 0 votes

I would have to have an option, to copy the whole collection directly, without going one by one, the songs. If I analyze the whole collection and then the export is fast, but if it is modified after it becomes slow, I have already checked,

The most logical would be, copy the music folders, directly, and work on it, as does rekordbox on the PC.
  Is not effective, create a new library system, for external players.
In addition we could use the same usb in other systems of CDs or software.

In my situation, with my devices, to pass 100 gb to usb 3.0 pen, I calculate that it would take me about 4h.
  When a 1.5 gb movie takes me to copy less than 30 seconds

Appear created to copy only, the session of the night.

It's not a hardware problem.

Dj Sandom 0 votes

@₩ādžīłłā > The issues likely ARE your USB drive - what's the make / model you're using?

Keep in mind that the stats in the screenshot @Ziga posted are for LARGE data files. Your USB drive may work great for large continuous data transfers, but then absolutely choke when it comes to numerous small files.

Pulse 0 votes

Sandisk Extreme USB3 64 gb

Lexar pro 2000x 64gb (300 mbs)

Must be the chips…

₩ādžīłłā 0 votes