Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

Pitch bend in DVS mode!! please!

New update shows pitch bend but not for DVS !!

Please add

michel

Please sign in to leave a comment.

18 comments

Perhaps I'm not understanding what you're after, but if you're using DVS, why not simply pitch bend the ol' fashion way by finessing the turntable platter and/or juggling the pitch fader control on the turntable?

lostnthesound 1 vote
Comment actions Permalink

really Pulse... thats not nice. i use turntables but sinds Pioneer don't have his DVS shit together its just not possible to mix without pitch bend or something. 

If i move the platter to fast to stay in synch the pitch of rekordbox goos up to like 8% or so and stays there! like what the F...! Or use the pitch of the turntable to pitch up, and after that the back to zero the pitch in Rekordbox stays up!!!! WHAT?? yes...

michel 0 votes

Okay I found a little workaround but the midi don't let me put multiple functions under one button.

I midi mapped the pitch bend knob of my Zomo MC1000 ti the pitch bend of rekordbox what only works in Internal mode, so i if i can put 2 midi functions under this button than its possible. So if i hit the knob for pitch bend up and on the same time it sends a midi signal to Rekordbox that it needs to switch to internal than it should work. But Rekordbox wont let me do 2 functions on one button. Its says its already assign to pitch bend. 

Can this be fixed?

michel 0 votes

Just wondering - how are your calibration circles? It almost looks like there is some problem with reading your vinyl properly. Are the TT grounded etc.?

Marek 0 votes

Please don't bump threads, especially right after you post a reply.

You can assign pitch bend function, either in the keyboard shortcuts or MIDI:

Pulse 0 votes

@pulse, Probably you are not reading or seeing the Youtube links??

and why your last command? Pitch bend is not possible in DVS...

Please take a look at the videos and give me a good answer, or tell

me where to go with my questions...

michel 0 votes

I am not having such issue on my turntables and RB DVS.... I'd say that its really someting on your setup.

If your turntables are behaving so strange, I'd say that having a pitch bend is not the fix you need.

Also moving your pitch slider to around +5% position (1st video, 0,6sec) while your computer is reporting change for +3,3% (or so - the video is very blurry) is more than suspicious and I'd start by looking why your setup is acting so weird. If this is something in the Rekordbox, all DVS users would face the same issue...

Marek 0 votes

i try'd this setup with different Technics and the outcome was al the same. 

also please please read the part of the midi problem

michel 0 votes

here it is again:

Okay I found a little workaround but the midi don't let me put multiple functions under one button.

I midi mapped the pitch bend knob of my Zomo MC1000 ti the pitch bend of rekordbox what only works in Internal mode, so i if i can put 2 midi functions under this button than its possible. So if i hit the knob for pitch bend up and on the same time it sends a midi signal to Rekordbox that it needs to switch to internal than it should work. But Rekordbox wont let me do 2 functions on one button. Its says its already assign to pitch bend. 

Can this be fixed?

michel 0 votes

Just getting into rekordbox. I agree that pitchbend in dvs mode would be incredibly useful. Sure I can use the technics, but if i'm at a stage in the DJing when I'm currently focusing on the software, it's simpler to tap E or W to tweak the mix. And it gives a more predictable result given my shaky fingers.

Simon Chase 0 votes