Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

beta 5.2 dropbox account

in beta 5.2 is stated that we gonna need a Dropbox account for syncing Library.

Will there be other services? because 10 euro for a account... think its a little overpriced

• You need a Dropbox account to use Library Sync.Please get an account on the Dropbox web site. Library sync will not work properly if there is not enough space on Dropbox to store ALL music files you have. Please use Dropbox Plus or Dropbox Professional plan.
michel Answered

Official comment

You don't need a paid Dropbox account; it will work with their free account, but you may not have enough space for your massive collection.

Our engineers are looking at other cloud services, but as this is still beta, that would be down the road.

Pulse

Please sign in to leave a comment.

14 comments

I work with a Synpology Diskstation, is it possible to establish that on such a system?

My database is now swollen to 250K title and since the Dropbox Accout is not enough by far ..

Olaf Fischer 0 votes

@Olaf > You can already access that locally as a network / locally mounted drive. We don't recommend using an un-cached remote network storage for live performance.

Pulse 0 votes

If I look in the system config, I can only see Dropbox as a cloud service ... my cloud station Synology is nixht selectable ..

Olaf Fischer 0 votes

As I said above, the only service currently available is Dropbox; I don't see a Synology cloud service being an option, but there may be other services like OneDrive or Box.

Pulse 0 votes

ok, I think if you could at least put the database in a "subdirectory" of a drive once before that helps ... I have deposited my music in the filsystem ... this syncronized via Cloudstation on the Synology ... Only the I can not put the database in the directory ... then I do not need a dropbox or something similar ... I do that locally ... it's not my goal to reconcile it over the internet ...

Olaf Fischer 0 votes

I think it will be no good option to work with your NAS thats located in your home

while you on the road. I will prefer a service that is way cheaper than Dropbox.

for me it would be to sync the Library of my home computer to the one i use on the road

and when something goos wrong with my SD's or USB's.

I will never perform from a library in a cloud

michel 0 votes

also ich bearbeite alles in meinem Home Office... die Cloud dient ausschließlich zur Datensicherung... nun wär es natürlich klasse wenn ich am I Mac mein Set vorbereiten kan und dieses 1 zu 1 auf mein Macbook pro übertragen wird... imStudio arbeite ich "nur" mit dem I Mac...noch muss ich mein Macbook dafür nutzen und das ist dann ja nicht mehr notwendig..das bedeiutet im zweifel doppelte arbeit...

Olaf Fischer 0 votes

sorry to fast...

So I edit everything in my home office ... the cloud is only for data backup ... now it would of course be great if I can prepare my set on the I can and this is 1 to 1 transferred to my Macbook Pro ... imStudio work I "only" with the I Mac ... still I have to use my Macbook for it and that is then no longer necessary .. this is in doubt double work ...

Olaf Fischer 0 votes

I sync with an iPad, iPhone, and Mac over dropbox. I can setup my iPhone to show the one-time password, but as soon as I sync my account with dropbox (and open 1P on my Mac) the one-time password is lost on all the devices.

athman abed 0 votes

Please note that Dropbox support was suspended from our beta; if you are using it at this time, we suggest that you revert back to using the public release and discontinue use of the 5.2 beta until such time as we release another version. Thank you.

Pulse 0 votes