Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 followers Follow

DJM-250MK2 + DDJ-RB on Rekordbox

I just buy a DJM-250MK2 to use with my Technics MK2, and i try to setup the mixer channel 1 in the deck 1 and the channel 2 in the deck 2 to DVS and the controller in the deck 3 and 4 sending the controller audio to the Aux in of the mixer.

That config is possible?

DJ-AS Answered

Official comment

I tested this out, and unfortunately since the DDJ-RB and DJM-250MK2 are designed to provide a similar function (audio mix), they fight for control. Even in the best-case scenario where I was able to get both devices to exist within rekordbox and not disconnect constantly, without monkeying around with external ASIO software, your audio outputs would be limited to 3 decks, with the 3rd deck coming through the AUX input.

It's not a conventional setup and is more pain than it's worth. Sorry.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

7 comments

@Pulse,

You say that this is impossible because they are both designed for controlling the mix, but to me it seems fairly trivial. Since it is using MIDI, each volume can control a controller. The crossfaders could function the same as a single unit where the last one to be used controls the value. 

[from the other post that led here] just because other DJ software applications don't offer multiple mixers/controllers does not mean that Rekordbox cant either :) Sounds to me like it would be a big leg up on the competition to get this going.

Andy Rose 0 votes

@Andy > The purpose of each device is similar, and they were not designed with the intention of users having two of them connected simultaneously. For users who are wanting to have similar functionality to what you're asking those two products to do, they're typically using a unit which has that ability built-in - for example, a DDJ-RR, RX, or RZ. All those units have the capability of accepting DVS input while also providing MIDI control.

There are some other devices which can be used in combination for control - in this case, the IF2 simply fights for dominance, thus booting out the RB2, even if I'm forcing things through 3rd party audio software.

Sorry!

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse

Do you think that I can use a DDJ-400 and a DDJ-1000 at the same time on the same pc? Like if I want to mix with a partner and we both know what we’re doing, could it work? (Like use the software on the 4 channels mode (like one controller is on 2 and the other takes the 2 lasts)

SktchE 0 votes

Hi there,

I would also like to know if a setup with a DDJ-750MK2 and a DDJ-400 would work? Basically I would have my turntables connected to 2 channels on the DJM, set the DJM to control audio, and use the DDJ to control the remaining 2 decks.

I am a mac user.

Thanks for the reply in advance!

András Szentiványi 0 votes