Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

[FIXED] Memory loop is (sort of) active but playing goes thru

OS version: OSX 10.12.6 (Sierra)
Computer : MacBookAir 7.2
CPU: Intel i7 @2.2Ghz
RAM: 8GB
Graphics driver: Intel HD 6000
Display resolution: 1440 x 900
Rekordbox version : 5.1.1
Plus Packs: dj / dvs
Model name of Pioneer DJ product used with rekordbox, Firmware/Driver version: DDJ-1000 / Firmware v1.03 / Driver v1.0.0

After reading this topic ; https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/fr/community/posts/204541623-DDJ-RX-can-you-set-memory-cues-
, I have tried to use the feature but it seems to have a random behavior, here a video of the issue that I have : https://youtu.be/QXPanjgpxm8

Please note that the issue is the same be it with the controler or the mouse, the GUI said loop is active but it isn't.
The only way for the loop to be active is to jump there and start from it.
Starting somewhere else won't take into account the loop status even if the GUI say it has.

Spark972

Please sign in to leave a comment.

6 comments

I tested and didn't have the problem with 5.1.1, nor 5.2.0 on a OS X 10.12.6, please try updating first.

With a track that has an active-loop stored as a memory point, load that track and let it play - don't change the active status, see if it automatically loops.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I have tested with an other track that has an active-loop stored as a memory point, load it, let it play and it goes thru like not loop was set.
(the loop zone wasn't even yellow colored but I do have the red reversed triangle).

Updated to 5.2.0, still the same. Tried with tracks that was loop-free and added loop with the 5.2.0 and still the same behavior. 
https://youtu.be/5GY9NMv-wzI

Spark972 0 votes

Yeah, mine wasn't showing any loop either -- but it still activates and plays the loop. You're sure the active loop memory point is RED and not orange?

Pulse 0 votes

If it didn't show the loop even for you too there is an issue here.
Check the second video : it is red since the loading.
Even in the first video I'm cycling red/orange and still the same issue.

Spark972 0 votes

Something weird happened :

- I played a few times with it this week end and the bug was still there

- I answered to someone about the size of the waveform, so the only thing I did was to toggle on/off the lighting module

- I was going to reset Rekordbox but gave it a last try...

And now it just works as expected : red is active, orange block on the waveform, and the play position simply loop when into the orange area.

So, it is sort of... fixed, but there is something... (video proofs)

Spark972 0 votes

If you can consistently replicate the conditions under which is occurs, that would be helpful so we can troubleshoot this further.

Pulse 0 votes