Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 followers Follow

Rekordbox: the number of lists and folders cannot exceed 100 on one USB device

Hi everyone, I continuously have this issue, when I'm syncing/adding music from Rekordbox to my USB device. I have formatted the usb device and tried syncing it again, but it really seems that i cannot add more than 1000 files on one device?? That cannot be true, as Im sure many DJ's have more than 1000 mp3's on their usb device.

Does anyone please know what it causing this issue, and/or how to solve it?

X Answered

Official comment

Not songs per playlist, playlists per device.

It would seem you're trying to export more than 1000 playlists / folders to your USB drive.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

17 comments

Thanks for your reply :) Yes indeed you are right. I have many playlists and folders, so those might be more than 1000. So it is really not possible to export more than 1000 playlists/folders? Or is there a way to solve this issue without adjusting the number of playlists/folders? I play many different styles and I need many playlists and folders...

X 0 votes

Sounds like you may want to consider using MyTags to help you filter things down... 1000 playlists is a lot!

Pulse 0 votes

Thnx for your quick reply and advice! I know 1000 is a lot. My first question is: So it is really the case that there is no way to have more than 1000 on one/any usb device ?

X 0 votes

Hey Pioneer, 

Is there any view towards increasing this cap?  1000 sounds a little like an arbitrary number.

Rekordbox's My Tag feature now allows the creation of up to 200 tags, and based on the below post the only practical means of using these is via complex playlist structures - layered key, genre, tag, etc.

https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/203064249-Are-My-Tag-tags-searchable-accessible-on-CDJs-

Maybe time for an increase?  Would be amazing...  

Peter Boledziuk 0 votes

Hello,

Is there maybe please an update about this?

As I still I'm very much in need for exporting/using much more than 1000 playlists.

Thank you :)

X 0 votes

It likely won't be until a major update that we see any changes to this functionality, and I don't have any information on timelines. Sorry.

Pulse 0 votes

Hello,
Is there any news about this 1000 playlists per device issue?
I am a multigenre DJ and I have problem with this limitation.... :/ 

Patrik Knoško 0 votes

@Patrik > Are you using rekordbox 5 or 6, and which hardware are you playing on?

Pulse 0 votes

Just a warning for those of you who are getting this error. You may be like me and the reason why you have 1000+ playlists on your USB is because you have changed the name or moved the playlist. 

As a result your USB keeps the old data and will not let you delete it. More info at this thread

I now cannot update because of this 1000 playlist error even tho the playlists/ folders I want to update with are far below the 1000 playlist threshold. 

Pioneer, can you please find a fix for this issue and the issue of not being able to delete old playlists from the USB. People have been posting for years on these issues. 

Mark Geary 0 votes

As noted in the other thread - format drive, export contents. That's the quick and easy fix.

Pulse 0 votes

Pulse, sorry but format USB doesn't solve my issue. I have lot of playlists in my RB DB not garbage on USB... Is it problem change this limitation? 

Patrik Knoško 0 votes

I have the same problem. I would love to be able to export more than 1000 playlists. I organise them in folders. It really works for me.

Joery de Winter 0 votes

Hello @pulse / Pioneer,

Is there maybe please an update about this?

It's so extremely inconvenient that I can only add only 1000 playlists to my USB drive. I have thousands of playlists, I need so many playlists to organise my music well. Now I continuously need to choose which playlists I'm going to sync to my USB device, while I need to have all my playlists on my USB device all the time. 

X 0 votes