Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

Rekordbox sync - plans for local rather than cloud storage?

Are there any plans to make the sync feature work with local storage such as NAS drives or server storage?  Cloud storage might be ok for people who have small libraries and fast internet, but trying to sync around 900G of music files with a 1M upload speed isn't in the slightest bit practical.

Mike

Mike Butler Answered

Official comment

If you're already using a NAS device, simply mount it as a local drive and it will work just like any other hard drive.

Pulse

Please sign in to leave a comment.

4 comments

does that work fluidly between 2 computers @pulse i know in previous versions there has been a workaround regarding removable harddrives. I'd love to use a local nas on 2 machines, to be able to 1, dj on one pc while 2, analysing and working tracks on another pc or laptop.  Also this nas has the ability to stream music etc over internet so maybe allowing manipulation of track while away from home.

Will other services be available other than dropbox in the future?

Stuart Barrowcliff 0 votes

I think must be missing something if connecting a NAS drive as a local hard drive is the same as using a Dropbox account. The release notes say a Dropbox account is needed to use Library Sync and that all the music must fit onto that account. No mention is made of using a local hard drive instead of Dropbox.

So, how exactly do I use the sync with a local drive?  From the release notes there's no mention of how to connect to NAS storage as hard drive and upload tracks I've added to my database from my main PC and then connect laptops to the same NAS storage and download the newly updated databases and tracks.

Mike

Mike Butler 0 votes

@Stuart > As long as you have the same path on both computers (and I recommend the same username as well), yes, it should work -- but not at the same time.

@Mike > As noted above, you would have to mount it as a local drive -- then simply move your database there as well (if desired).

Pulse 0 votes