Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Syncing rekorbox mobile with rekordbox

Hello

I'm trying to sync rekordbox mobile with my rekordbox library, but I cna't get rekordbox to see the phone (ie won't show up under 'devices'), either over wi fi or usb connection. Here's what I'm using -

Rekordbox 5.2.2

macbook pro 13" mid 2012

2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Running Sierra 10.12.6

Iphone 7plus

Thanks in advance

Roy Williams

Please sign in to leave a comment.

13 comments

It has to be done via the wifi connection; have you tested with the Sierra firewall disabled?

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

What's the wireless network device you're using to communicate with the computer ... and is the computer on ethernet or wifi?

Pulse 1 vote

Using my Wi-fi router. MacBook is connected to it via wi fi. Tbh, I think I may be doing something very basic. When I press connect on rekordbox mobile it tells me to press the connect button on my computer. Problem is, I can’t even see a connect button on the computer. Could you possibly send me a screen shot of where it is? 🙂

Roy Williams 0 votes

Hello? Any chance of any further help? Please see above response.

Roy Williams 0 votes

Is there a reason why you've stopped responding to this thread? No reply since Tuesday.

Roy Williams 0 votes

It's the icon to the right of “Devices” in the sidebar. It looks like a smartphone with a Wifi icon.

Erik Minekus 0 votes

Thanks for the reply. It's not showing up for some reason. Both macbook and iphone are connected to the wifi router. Sierra firewall is disabled. Itunes can see the phone over wifi, so it definitely seems to be a rekorbox issue.

I know Rekordbox mobile can see the wifi network, because when I press 'connect to computer' in Rekordbox mobile, it gives me the message to press the connect button in Rekordbox and displays the wi fi network name. But The phone doesn't appear in Rekordbox. Here's a screenshot -

Roy Williams 0 votes

Strange, I don't see any settings that would cause it to disappear. It's even visible for me when my MacBook Pro is not connected to Wifi.

Have you tried increasing the Line Space, or just clicking on the empty space to the far right of Devices, to make sure it's not a graphical glitch? And are you sure you're not running some app like Little Snitch that could block communication?

Erik Minekus 0 votes

Hi Erik. Extended the line space all the way - definitely not just a problem drawing the page. Not running anything like little snitch. Sierra firewal off. As I mentioned, itunes can see the phone ok over wifi, and rekordbox mobile can see the wi fi, so it seems to me that it's not a wi fi, mac book or phone problem. Which only leaves Rekorbox as far as I can work out! It is indeed strange.

Roy Williams 0 votes

@Roy > Are you in PERFORMANCE mode or EXPORT mode? Your screenshot leads me to believe it may be performance...

Pulse 0 votes

You're right. I was in performance mode. It was that simple. Thank you.

Roy Williams 0 votes