Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Improved Scratching Ability (5.3.0 Beta)

Hi All

Just installed the lastest BETA (1st June) and I haven't had the time to do a proper test on other features BUT the latency and performance when scratching is MUCH MUCH better... I'm really impressed... It's not just my imagination is it? Kudos to the developers :)

Martin

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

What issues have you had before? I am trying to follow up with a problem that I am having currantly. When I play from vinyl (DVS upgrade on rekordbox) and move the vinyl with my fingers the signal gets lost. I can also see that on the screen that the connection to the audio gets lost.

Spaxs 0 votes

Hey Spaxs 

The issue I was having doesn't sound as severe as yours - the improvement I've seen is the more natural sound (when compared to real vinyl) when scratching. Previous releases when moving (scratching) slowly the noise was sounding like a very compressed digital file with obvious artifacts. I also find signifcant reduced lag in the stylus moving on the vinyl vs what is processed and eventually heard. I am running a macbook which is at the lowest performance recommended by Pioneer - so assumed previous issues I had were down to the fact I needed to dig in my pockets and get a new laptop - but this beta is working much better for me.

Have you changed the buffer size (I'm not in front of decks at the moment) - so can't remember the exact description of variable or what I had it set to - will check later.

When you calibrate your decks - did you get good circles?

Martin 0 votes

Spaxs-  From memory I thinks its 'buffer size' in audio preferences. I experimented until i got a good result.

Martin 0 votes

Morning and thx for your reply,

I found out that one of the needles does not make a good circle on the test page. I changed the needle against the one from the other tuntable and it looks better now. Does this mean one needle is broken? It looks okay.

Havent found the buffer size settings yesterday. I will take another look at this later.

Spaxs 0 votes