Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

Interface 2 - with records and control vinyl together

Hi, can anyone tell me if I can use the Interface 2 with records and control vinyl together. I DJ using Rekordbox alongside real vinyl. I do this using a Traktor 10 soundcard which allows me to switch from records to control vinyl on the DJ mixer. Would the Interface 2 allow me to DJ in the same way?

Simon Cordiner Answered

Official comment

Just click the DVS dropdown on the deck you want to change (or use a keyboard / MIDI shortcut) to select THROUGH and it will bypass the software to send the signal direct to your mixer.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

8 comments

Yes, the Interface 2 will allow you to switch between control vinyl and regular vinyl. Make sure to flip the switch at the back. 

Ves 0 votes

Thanks. So I need to flip a switch on the interface. I don’t think that will work because I’ll need to be able to mix one record into a Rekordbox tune so would need to be line on one channel and phono on the other. That’s a shame.

Simon Cordiner 0 votes

Apologies I actually gave wrong information regarding the switch at the back. Only use that when you use a DJ player or turntable with only line in. Phono for the regular turntable.

In Rekordbox you are able to select 'Through' as mode per deck which allows regular vinyl to be played. 

So no need to switch at the back. 

Ves 0 votes

Thanks. I don't have the THROUGH option. I only have Absolute, Relative, and Internal. 

Simon Cordiner 0 votes

Sorry for taking so long to reply!! :0) I've been using the Traktor 10 soundcard but I'm back looking at my options again....

I wasn't using the IF2, I was using the Traktor 10 and didn't get the Through option. Are you saying that if I had the IF2 that I would see the Through option? 

Simon Cordiner 0 votes