Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Phillips Hue "Sync" integration with rekordbox

Phillips recently released a Hue Sync app for Windows and Mac that enables the near instantaneous synchronisation of any audio\video playing on a Laptop. Having tested the feature with rekordbox, I've found it doesn't work at all - seemingly due to the way rekordbox software drivers output to the hardware.

Many of us play gigs in private venues that don't warrant, or are not worth the hassle of, a complex lighting setup. So it would be a great addition to enable this feature to work with rekordbox as there are many Homes and Student Residences that have hue lighting already installed which would make a great substitution. It could also be an introduction to light sync'ing for amateurs, who could practice at their leisure.

What say you?

Strawbis Answered

Official comment

Sorry, I don't feel there would be any effort made to include support for consumer products such as Phillips Hue.

Thanks for your feedback.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Post is closed for comments.

2 comments

Personally I understand it but I don't see the need for this in Rekordbox. The percentage that will be using this will be very low as not every user will have Philips Hue systems installed. 

Ves 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink