Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Intermittent SP-16 issues after v1.5 firmware update

Pads intermittently fail to play their assigned sound when manually triggered while manipulating the touch strip.  Touch strip is assigned to User 1 mode, which is affecting pitch and digital low pass filter.  Pads are in Gate mode triggering short loops, some of which are tempo mapped.  

I’ve also experienced an occasional stuck note as if a pad got latched or continually depressed.  I had to press the Stop transport button to get the stuck sound to stop playing.  I have power cycled the unit numerous times and reloaded the project, but both issues intermittently persist.  I experienced no issues with this project prior to the 1.5 update.  I also resaved the project following the update, but it made no difference.  Any ideas?

Daniel Tomlinson

Official comment

Hello, 

Thank you for your feedback, I have forwarded this information to the production team and we hope to have a resolution soon. 

Thank you. 

D.j. Creme

Please sign in to leave a comment.

7 comments

This appears to be a v1.5 firmware bug. Another user on the Toraiz Facebook forum has validated the issue following the updating of the firmware.  From my findings, this issue occurs whenever ANY effect is loaded to the touchstrip for User1, User2, or Pitch modes. Can someone from Pioneer please acknowledge and address this issue for the next release? 

Daniel Tomlinson 0 votes

Yes I've also come across this issue, so it is indeed a bug, and needs addressing.

Easy to replicate - just assign some FX parameter to USER 1, then repeatedly hit a pad whilst moving a finger on the touch strip. Every 5th or 6th pad hit won't trigger the sample on the pad.

samomalo 0 votes

Can we get an update regarding a fix for this issue from the support/production team?  Can it be escalated to management? 

This trouble did not exist in v1.3 or prior.  If the problem had existed when I purchased the unit, I would have returned it to my dealer for a refund.  I am not a beta tester for Pioneer products, however, I have exercised due diligence in clearly reporting this issue in hopes that it would quickly be remedied.  The SP-16 was marketed as a premium production tool for professional DJ's and musicians, yet it appears to have been abandoned by Pioneer and its developers.  This defective firmware upgrade should have been treated with the same diligence and care as a product recall.  If Pioneer Support continues to abandon their customers, then their customers will have no choice but to abandon the use of Pioneer products.    

Daniel Tomlinson 0 votes

PioneerDJ,

I requested a status update nearly two months ago to an issue I reported on July 1, 2018.  I also requested an escalation to management to address my concerns.  My complaint was not a mere request for new features and should not be taken lightly.  Your firmware has flaws which has degraded the functionality of previously working features.  Your failure to respond is inexcusable and should serve as a WARNING TO WOULD-BE CONSUMERS against purchasing your products.  Your customer service is not just poor...it's non-existent. 

Daniel Tomlinson 0 votes

Trying again (months later)...

Can we get an update regarding a fix for this issue from the support/production team?  Can it be escalated to the next level of management? 

This trouble did not exist in v1.3 or prior.  If the problem had existed when I purchased the unit, I would have returned it to my dealer for a refund.  I am not a beta tester for Pioneer products, however, I have exercised due diligence in clearly reporting this issue in hopes that it would quickly be remedied. 

Please advise with a status update.

Daniel Tomlinson 1 vote

I'd like to bump this issue. Seems like bug fixes such as this one would be important, more so than feature requests. It really makes the touch strip useless, and that's a shame because it is a very cool performance feature.

soundxplorer 0 votes