Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

No updates ~6 weeks?

A little surprised to see that updates for Rekordbox have drastically slowed down. Haven't had a new update for almost two months. Rekordbox has added a ton of new features but they all seem to be half baked presently.  Specifically talking about RB-DMX1 and phase analysis. Still nowhere close to the likes of SoundSwitch. The interface for setting phrases is not user-friendly at all. It should be a quick 20-30 second job setting up phrases. 

DJ Chase

Please sign in to leave a comment.

3 comments

Actually it doesn't surprise me. If you look back at last year they announced the RX2 and Rekordbox 5.0. They might got he same route. 

Ves 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Yeah it's odd how the 5.4 beta stopped but the betas have previously suggested that Pioneer's immediate, short-term roadmap appears surprisingly prone to last minute change. (Cloud sync for example)

I would not be surprised if they are working on a more substantial update, biding their time and releasing 5.4/6.0 to accompany new hardware. If they're savvy they might even be waiting for Native Instruments to show their hand with the new Traktor and intend to disrupt any excitement/coverage with their own one-two punch.

XDJ-2000 & DDJ-2000?   *sigh* probably wishful thinking but if the DDJ-1000 is an SX equivalent price-wise then the RZ and RZX are due a similar refresh.

Mark Charade 0 votes

And a day later, 5.4 is out of beta!! woohoo. Maybe they were holding it back as it had evidence of the XDJ-RR and didn't want it to leak.  Will try it out tonight.

Still hoping for some advancedments to the Rekordbox lighting plugin so I can ditch my DMX controller laptop/software for running lights for mobile gigs.

DJ Chase 0 votes