Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

Rekordbox loading my mac to much

Every time when I'm using Rekordbox my mac became so hot like it's trying to be a flame, and the system starts working very slow. Looks like I'm rendering video in 4k with a lot of effects. Any chance to reduce it?

Matt

Please sign in to leave a comment.

6 comments

Well, there's a lot you can do, but it would help to start with knowing what kind of computer system you're running it on, and which elements of rekordbox you have enabled at the time (eg. DVS, video, lighting, lyric).

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Hi it's macbook13 pro 2014. using it just for mixing music, no work with light or video effects. But MacBook suffers not when I'm mixing but even if Rekordbox dj just open

Matt 0 votes

I must say that my Macbook Pro Touchbar 2016 i5/16Gb/256Gb High Speed SSD, is also getting pretty warm after an hour of Rekordbox usage. Also the battery drains quick within the hour, so you need to stay connected.

I'm also curious what helps to make my Macbook Pro suffer less from Rekordbox usage.

Theo 0 votes

The more you use or enable, the more features need to be "primed" and loaded to memory / active processing for use. If you really want to cut the power draw, ensure there are no tracks being anaylsed, the video, DVS, lyric, and lighting packs are all disabled, there are no effects running, no samples loaded, and you're not recording.

Some hardware requires a bit more on the processing side as well (eg. DDJ-1000, DDJ-RZX), but overall the power drain is similar to other DJ applications.

Pulse 0 votes

I'm using ddj-rb.

Also want to mention that my computer feeling ok with traktor, no problems like this. But I prefer rekordbox

Matt 0 votes

I noticed that RekordBox support just stopped responding without a resolution. Did you find a solution to this issue. It's happening to me as well.

Zach Neria 0 votes