Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Where Does Pionneer stand on the Moving platter controller or CDJ idea?

I just like to hear if Pionner will or is looking into the possibility of releasing a controller or CDJ with moving platter to satisfy the many DJ which are interested on it but are Rekordbox DJ user plus show to the competition that you are not going to be left behind on that area.

One more thing, I'am still waiting for fade in/out cue and auto cue play back sequencer. Piece.

DJ LS Answered

Official comment

As many DJs who have adopted CDJs will tell you, they're quite happy with the way CDJs are. We're not looking to emulate a turntable on a CDJ or controller; that's why we make a turntable.

Besides, when you put your hand on a record or a CDJ, the feeling is the same -- a slab of plastic under your fingers.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

Pioneer will only better their game by adding the option of moving jog wheel aka moving platter. They already have a good number of DJ jumping into Rekordbox they can only get more if they had moving platter. People like the muscle memory feel of the moving platter, I'm sure many old school DJ and new DJ will be interested.

DJ LS 1 vote

I respect your opinion because it is your opinion. The good thing is that this is why there are choices and those who take a chance in providing those choices so people can have to freedom to use what it appeals to them. The mind is a funny thing some people people see the class half full other see it half empty. Plastic may be plastic but I bet not everyone thing it feels the same. Pioneer is not obligated to cater to every DJ but being a business in a competitive environment nothing should be over looked.

DJ LS 0 votes

I see the glass as refillable. ;)

Yup, every DJ will have their own preferences, just like the companies who make the gear.

Pulse 0 votes

I Hear you.

Well it is what it is, so we both just keep on trucking and making decision along the way. Lets hope that for some of the other software related add on in future upgrade we have a more agreeable or see things at the same level or "refillable" lol.

DJ LS 0 votes