Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Rekordbox 5.4.x internal AUDIO ENGINE

Hi,

The internal audio engine (Software DSP engine)  of Rekordbox is a 32-bit floating point audio engine or a 24-bit audio engine or a 16-bit  audio engine ?

Fixed point software DSP Audio engine or floating point ?

Nothing to to with the compilation in 32bits or 64bits, the software AUDIO ENGINE is another thing, and can be coded in 16bits or 24 bits even if the software is 64 bits compiled :)

Because the Audio played in each deck before master output sound compressed, and not normalised in Rekordbox, even with good settings and Headroom, even before the limiter clip, with several audiocard, or controller.

I prefer the sound of VIRTUAL DJ 8.3, that have a 32 bits fload AUDIO engine, and a better replay gain script for each track.

Regards,

https://www.analog.com/en/education/education-library/articles/fixed-point-vs-floating-point-dsp.html

Olivier Frappier Answered

Official comment

Sorry, I don't know that detail and I'm not sure the engineers would provide it.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

4 comments

very interesting question! would be cool to get some Infos about internal Audio processing of rb.

Daniel Ventura 0 votes

would be cool if you can Ask them, i think this Information is nothing confidential moreover it's a Marketing plus (if rb uses a hq internal processing). 

Daniel Ventura 0 votes