Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Help rekordbox collection not showing album art or waveforms.

Basically what happened was i was trying to use mixed in key with rekordbox and when i selected all my tracks and went to reload tag my whole library got messed up. As in a lot of the generes were off, keys, artist names etc. then i tried to use an autosaved backup and this is how it is right now... In addition, not sure if this helps but i have a synched rekordbox library on my usb that i would not mind to replace with the library i have right now but i dont know how. Please help.

Jetman

Please sign in to leave a comment.

33 comments

Question... when you used MiK, did you have it set to rename the file as well?

If you haven't made any other changes to the files or haven't opened/closed rekordbox more than 3 times, you may be able to recover one of the automatic-backups of the database (as you've done, above - although maybe not back far enough).

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

No I did not use MiK to rename the files I only used mixed in key for 20 tracks to test if it works. Then I was going to put all of my tracks in MIK and press reload tags for all my tracks in rekordbox but before i did that i just wanted to test what happens if i select all my tracks and press reload tags. what happened then was that some of my tracks got their generes, artist names, and keys messed up because i did not know that rekordbox did not actually edit the info of the file. then i tried to fix it by going here and selecting datafile.backup2.edb. and it did revert my collection back to normal (as in the artist names, generes, keys are all like they use to be) but the artwork and waveform are not showing no more and the only way to fix that would be to reload tags for all tracks but then i will mess up all of the other things so its useless(and if i press reload tags my waveforms still do not appear). Doesent my usb have some sort of a database on it that i could use to replace the one i have? or isnt there a way i could just get the waveforms, artwork back, and where are the automatic backups stored because im not sure if thats where they are.

Jetman 0 votes

I just tried to select a different backup from this ^ list and same problem... no waveforms or artwork. It does appear if I reanalize my tracks but I have edited my collection so much that if I do that I will screw it all up

Jetman 0 votes

@artem > The songs are all "serialized" meaning they have a unique ID which is matched between the file and the artwork/waveform data. If something has changed that, then the pair no longer matches and the artwork and waveform can't be displayed, which is why when you re-analyse, a new pair is created.

Something I just noticed - it looks like you have your music on an external drive, in that screenshot is is loaded as drive D; is it always / has it always been drive D? That could be where the problem comes in. rekordbox is looking for the absolute path to the artwork and waveform data, but if it's looking for drive E: and now it's mounted as drive D:, it's looking in the wrong place.

Pulse 0 votes

Is there a way we could talk or something, so we can quickly solve this problem, because I don’t think I am explaining my problem clearly and because it will take to long for us to keep messaging back and forth every 3 days...

Jetman 0 votes

Sorry, I only provide support here on the forums. You can try contacting one of the other support channels but most are via ticket anyhow, and chances are they'll reach out to me to assist with your question! ;)

If you can clarify the issue I pointed out in the last post, that may be the key to the problem here.

Pulse 0 votes

Understood. No the problem happened when I selected one of the backups from the screenshot before. Also I noticed that the filters I made for the related track feature are also gone and all of my custom tags, not sure what else got messed up. Could you clarify on how to select one of the automatically created backups in rekordbox ?

Jetman 0 votes

Update. My intelligent playlists are all empty and some other playlists too something definitely went wrong with the backup i chose.

Jetman 0 votes

Hey Pulse,
I cannot write on your website anymore because it says I need to sign it to leave a comment when im already signed in... Anyway, could you tell me if u can help me or not? Because I might have to do a gig soon and I need to know what to do... We have a few viable options to fix this: (ordered from best to least)
1. You help me choose the right backup that will have my artwork and waveforms (because the one I choose did not have those things and it removed all of my tags that I put on tracks as well some other things.)
2. If that’s too hard than if you could help me replace my current collection with the one I have on my hard drive that would also work. (I don’t mean that I have an extra database on my usb. What I have is my computer collection (the one that still has the artworks and everything) that I synced with my usb. I can use this synced collection to play but if I want to add a rekordbox analyzed song I will have to use my computer to sync and as soon as I do that my collection on the usb will become like the one on my pc (broken).
3. We make the artwork and waveform appear with out having to reload tags and without reanalyzing tracks. (As this will mean having to redo the custom bpms and keys that I set as well as messing up artist names and generes.)

Artem Getman 0 votes

Re: posting, if you have that trouble again, please go into your settings and clear the cookies for:

*.pioneerdj.com
*.zendesk.com
*.gigya.com

As for the problem with the database... here's how I see the options above:

1) This probably doesn't exist as an option any more since rekordbox automatically rolls the backups each time you open the software. Unless you have a backup copy somewhere else, the auto-backups are going to be useless if you've opened / closed rekordbox more than 3 times since this first occurred.

2) If you're saying you have the EXPORT database, you could recover all of that into your collection, with all of the waveforms / beatgrids / hot cues / etc.

3) That's not an option; there's obviously something that's happened to those links, but short of re-analyzing, there's no easy way to rebuild them.

So you're left with option 2 as the best bet, but my recommendation would be to rename your current database, and work with a blank slate - an empty database, to which you import all of the contents from the USB drive. If you understand this option and feel it would be the best one for your situation, let me know and I'll then provide the instructions on how to proceed.

Pulse 0 votes

So how do i proceed now? btw the cookies thing did not help...

Artem Getman 0 votes

Hey Pulse,

I understand that you are busy but I have not been able to use rekordbox for almost a month now, could you please help me resolve this issue soon??

Artem Getman 0 votes

This is it!

Okay, to recover your export database, here's my recommendation...

First, backup the current database (because, why not), using Library > Backup Library.

You're going to then go in and delete the database files and backups, located here:

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox

You'll find the *.edb files, and since you have a backup, delete them.

Open rekordbox anew and you'll find a blank database.

Connect your USB device, and on the left under Devices, create a new playlist on your export drive, call it All Music.

Click the All Tracks for your export device, select all tracks, then right-click and select Add to Playlist, and select the All Music playlist you just created.

Next, open the All Music playlist on the device, right-click it and select Import Playlist. A pop-open window will prompt you where you want to save all the music you're about to import from the drive, choose a location and click Copy.

The playlist will be imported, all the music brought into your collection, with all the waveforms and cuepoints intact from the export drive.

You'll have to manage the music on your computer to remove duplicates as everything you just imported will be lumped into that one folder, but at least you've got it all back in one place. My recommendation would be to not move the contents there, but to make sure you put it all in the place it will live when you import so it doesn't have to move again. You can then import any new music from wherever to rekordbox for analysis / etc.

Pulse 0 votes

And will that also bring my tags, fix my intelligent playlists etc.?

Jetman 0 votes

Ok so I did the backup and i did get my tracks back but i did not get half of my cue points on my tracks and all of my intelligent playlists are not there anymore ....

Could we maybe try to just make the waveforms and artwork appear on my old database?

Jetman 0 votes

Then you didn't have all of those items on the export drive.

If you want the waveforms and album art for the old music, you'll have two choices - to either re-read the metadata and re-analyse, or to remove everything and re-import.

Pulse 0 votes

Hey so I was able to fix my artwork but now whenever I close rekordbox it says unexpected application error and sends me to the crashes folder is there a way to fix it so that doesn’t happen when I close rekordbox?

Jetman 0 votes

Alright i got that fixed too. Then question isnt USBANLZ the folder that containst all the waveforms? I found that when i replaced the artwork folder with the one on my usb all my artwork came back but that did not work with USBANLZ. There must be a way to show recordbox that there is this folder full of waveforms

Jetman 0 votes

Wait ... why are you messing around with the folders?! This is why problems occur.

Pulse 0 votes

Because i knew that there must have been some sort of a file that allowed my xdj recognize the waveforms to the tracks i just had to find it and i did and it worked... so there is probably one for waveforms too and im pretty sure its USBANLZ as when i analyze a track it creates a new folder inside

Jetman 0 votes

Yes, but the export data is not the same as the main data... hence one of the reasons you got into this mess in the first place! :p

Pulse 0 votes

After that i opened my rekordbox and it did not have artworks, waveforms etc..

Jetman 0 votes

The backup database itself does not contain the analysis data or waveforms; it points to those files/folders on your drive. I still believe there is some information that was omitted as to what else might have occurred to wind up with missing waveforms / art, typically that would mean those folders were moved, renamed, etc.

Pulse 0 votes

Ok step by step:

-I pressed reload tags for my whole collection.

-I realized that some of my generes, artist names, keys got messed up (because i did not know rekordbox did not actually edit the music files)

-I pressed restore database and selected datafile.backup2.edb

-opened my rekordbox and it looked like this 

Jetman 0 votes