Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

No Effects in headphones cue

Hello,

I am currently using a DDJ-RR controller and I was wondering why I can not hear the Effects when I am cueing a song in my headphones.

If the song is playing in the master (channel volume fader up) I can hear the effect in the headphones by cueing the master... but if I change the headphones mixing all the way to "CUE" I cannot hear the applied effect any more.

I have my effects applied to the channel where the song is playing. 

- Is there a way to enable this and be able to hear the effects before playing the song through the master?

Also, I was wondering what the option "release FX on CFX" does?

Thanks

DVent DJ

Official comment

Some FX are post-fader, meaning you wouldn't hear them because the headphones preview the channel pre-fader. You would be able to hear it on the master because it's already been applied at that point. There is no ability to change it, sorry.

As for the CFX release, that simply allows you to apply a release-FX and have it also disable any color FX you were running at that time. Some DJs want to keep things like a filter engaged, so they turn it off, whereas others want to clear ALL FX and CFX when hitting a release FX, so they enable it.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

3 comments

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Are there any plans to add the option to choose if the effect will be post fader or pre-fader? or is it planned to be kept like that?

Thanks

DVent DJ 0 votes

As some hardware is hard-wired that way, that can't be configured and there aren't any plans to change it just for those which could potentially monitor post-fader to avoid any confusion. Sorry!

Pulse 0 votes