Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

DDJ SR2 Freezes

I have a Mac with 8GB RAM running El Capitan, Serato DJ Pro version 2.1.1 and my DDJ SR2 firmware is 2.0.0.

After using the FX knobs for some time (can be as short as 5min if using them heavily) the audio stops suddenly, and the payback indicators on Serato also stop.  If i wait a few seconds the Serato playback indicators start moving rather slowly and the audio is choppy and slow, nearly unrecognizable.

I've tried both USB ports on my computer and the result is the same.

I don't have a power adapter so i can't try that out yet, but is there anything else you can suggest, or is there a known issue with using FX?

Alex Diaz Answered

Official comment

You may already have an idea where this is going...

Your computer is almost 10 years old (the 5,5 model was introduced in June of 2009) , and unfortunately doesn't meet the minimum system requirements for the hardware (Intel i3 processor), nor the operating system (Sierra).

While the software may still run on your computer, at this point, my conclusion is that your computer is simply not capable of properly running Serato DJ Pro and thus any issues you're having are outside our scope for support.

Sorry to say, it's time to upgrade the computer.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

7 comments

Forgot to mention, all comes to working order when power cycling only the DDJ.

Alex Diaz 0 votes

Can you try and replicate this situation but next time, launch the Activity Monitor and open it to the CPU tab with the data sorted by CPU, highest % at the top, and take a screenshot of that?

Pulse 0 votes

Can I ask what model identifier your computer is? You can find it by clicking the Apple icon (top left) > About This Mac, then click System Report and it should be listed on the first window.

Pulse 0 votes

Aaahhhh, thank you for figuring that out for me, I do appreciate it.

Alex Diaz 0 votes