Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Has midi clock out been implemented in RB yet?

I'm just doing my once in a while scout of Pioneer forums to see if they have implemented midi clock out yet and there doesn't seem to have been a post on this for a while???

I know that you can get midi out using the DJS-1000 or SP16 BUT I have no interest in these devices.

I am just about to update my mixer, and it is currently looking like a Xone 96 purchase. Even though I want the DJM900 running on XDJ1000's without a midi clock out to run my synths it's a deal breaker.

Matmah Answered

Official comment

Not from rekordbox DJ yet, but you could always run a MIDI cable from your DJM-900 to your synth for BPM sync.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Post is closed for comments.

8 comments

I should have explained it better. I am looking to update my current mixer so when I said the DJM900 I meant the Nexus 2 which does not have midi out.

Matmah 0 votes

Oh that's interesting. I don't mind using convertors as long as I can get midi clock out. The NSX2 has just jumped to the top of the list. I presume you cannot do this with the DJM-750MK2 as that only has a single USB port?
Could you also tell me what other products I can midi clock out from please.
The reason for asking is that I usually have two set ups. One large and one portable, so for example if I could midi clock out from DDJ-RR, DDJ1000, XDJ-RX2 etc then it would be highly likely I purchased one of them as well. 
Is it a simple rule of thumb where if the mixer/controller/player has two USB ports you can midi clock out from it? or that if you use a laptop you could use a usb convertor from that direct?

Matmah 0 votes

If you were not using the mixer as an audio interface or MIDI controller, you could certainly do it with the 750MK2.

Those are just 3 interfaces that I had researched previously when another user asked the same question a couple of years ago - I'm sure there are more / others available (and I know for a fact there are some really awesome looking fancy/expensive ones on the market), if ye Goog, ye shall find. 😉

Pulse 0 votes

Oh, and yes, you could likely also use a regular USB-MIDI device if you ARE using your computer; those devices are more stand-alone. A regular device would need to use software such as MIDI-OX to take the incoming MIDI BPM clock signal and output it to another MIDI device.

Pulse 0 votes

Hello Pioneer Guys

I can't imagine how hard it can be to implement a simple Feature like a Midi Clock out. Virtual DJ has it since i can think. It is a big missing part and is requested since 2012 first here in the Forum. Set a Timeline and implement it. Otherwise i need to change to Virtual Dj 8. Whats the Problem on you're Side with this Midi Clock out???

Michael Wäspe 0 votes

A cursory search would tell you it's not implemented yet, but is coming soon. No, we don't have a timeline. Please don't cross-post.

Pulse 0 votes