Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Reckordbox Hot Loop

I would like to see hot loops properly implemented into Reckordbox. 

The memory loop feature is ok, but these can't be triggered unless the playhead actually moves past the point that it has been set, you cant instantly trigger these in an intuitive way as you can with a hot cue.

On a DDJ1000 for example, just pressing the pad could engage and save a loop to that pad. You could then just use the usual loop end button to get out of this. The standard loop size could be a Recordbox setting, as you'd still have the other loop controls at the top of the deck to half/double.

Its the only performance related feature that's lacking IMO.

Barry Lovegrove Answered

Please sign in to leave a comment.

3 comments

I think what needs to be option really needs to be applied, is when you save a loop on the cue pad, that loop can be turned on and off by pressing it, this means if you have 4 loops on the track, they can be turned on and off by hitting the cue pad, and if you want to trigger the loop, hit shift with the pad at same time, serato has this feature, and I was so disappointed to find the ddj 1000 did not, in fact it would be an awesome option, in fact it was an option that put me on the fence for having a ddj 1000, with having the sx2 this feature was something I used a lot, please let me know if I have not found this feature on the ddj 1000.

darren willott 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

@darren > I'm familiar with this one as I use it myself within Serato, but the closest thing you have would be as noted above - store loops as hot cues (hot loops) and call them without any additional modes required. Unfortunately not all software will have the same functions as its competitors.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink