I hope this is the right way to post cause I diddn't see a possibility to respond on your original post:
I followed the steps yesterday on my Macbook Pro and I facing some issues in step 6 like you allready described, but their actually not the same:
- Opening Rekordbox after step 1-5 results in a reset of some settings like fonts, language and waveform-coulours. They are putted back to default values.
- My Account is still loggged in
- My collection, playlitsts and column order are still the same and functionaI
- I diddn't receive any error
So I checked the following:
- Library\Application Support\Pioneer\rekordbox\rekordbox3.settings;
looks like this file was created new yesterday after starting Rekordbox in step 6. So all defaults are set back, including the path changes in step 4
Database files have created dates in the past, like 2016 as I installed RekordBox. So I think, nothing happend with these databases...
I back upped all the files you recommended, including the rekordbox3.settings file.
I can imagine restoring the rekordbox3.settings file will put back my settings. But I would like to hear your opinion first.... Beside, it would be pretty cool when I can move the masterdatabase to my cloud folder :D
Looking forward to your answer :)