Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Is there a way to rewind a track back to the first memory cue point?

I like how it auto starts the Cue/playback head to the first cue point when you first load a track.  My question is, is there a way to rewind back to that, isntead of the beginning of the track?

For example, if a track has a second of silence before the first beat, then we want to start on the first beat.  This is where the existing functionality shines - when we load, and then play, it will play where we want it to, not the absolute beginning.

But when rewinding with double tap left Search (this is on DDJ-1000 btw) or, I think, Shift Cue, it goes to the absolute beginning!  So if I want to be able to scan through a track on my upcoming deck, then go back to the beginning, I still have to create a Hot Cue if I want a one button solution to get back there.  (I could Shift-Search through the Memory Cues too I know, but if I have 10, that could take a while and more attention to look which cue I am on.)

It would be nice to get back to that first memory cue with a one touch solution and thus not have to waste a hot cue on it!

The only other thing I can think if is to eject and reload the track?  But from what Ive searched, there is no way to eject from the controller.  I guess I could double click Search to the previous or next track, and back again.  Any other ideas?

I am about to start tagging my library for hot cues... but I really don't want to do it until i am sure that I really need a hot cue "wasted" as it were on the beginning of each track.  Assuming there is no other solution, I guess I will have to decide if loading another track and back again is reasonable enough to get back to the first marker quickly.

It would be very nice as a feature suggestion if there was an option to set Shift Cue to go back to the first marker instead! :)

Emerson Wong

Please sign in to leave a comment.

3 comments

nice suggestion, but you're describing the whole point of the Hot Cue buttons providing the one button solution for getting around a track.  Moving to suggestions so it can be seen as a wanted set up.

Jay 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Thanks Jay!  Yeah it would be cool to be able to have the option for Shift Cue to either go to actual start or to the first memory cue.  I am just trying to use less Hot Cues so I am more backwards compatible with units that might only have three Hot Cues, for example.  (also less visually going on)  I guess in the meantime, the quickest way to do this without a Hot Cue is to use left Search to rewind, then Shift + right Search to go to the first Memory Cue.  I'll have to see what happens on songs where the cue is pretty much at the start already though.

Emerson Wong 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink