Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 followers Follow

(Rekordbox) Can't drag and drop sample towards sample section

Hi there!

I'm trying to create a sample in rekordbox,

I'm doing this by clickin the scissors icon, then making the section that i want as a sample loop. But dragging and dropping it doesn't work, the only thing it does for me is moving the beatgrid

Dries De Ruyck

Please sign in to leave a comment.

16 comments

I'm using 1.15.3, i always download the latest updates

Dries De Ruyck 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Uhm... the current version is 5.5.0, so I'm not sure what 1.15.3 is...?

Pulse 0 votes

Oops my bad!! I did not know where to look to find the current version.. looked at the wrong place >.< Now i checked it and it's version 5.5.0

Dries De Ruyck 0 votes

Thanks -- I was going to say that we didn't have a sampler in rekordbox v1! ;)

Can you tell me a bit more about your system? OS version / build number, CPU, graphics chipset in use?

Pulse 0 votes

I'm using windows 10, 8gb ram,Intel i7-3610QM_CPU@2.30GHz, AMD firepro 4000 650gb storage with 550gb still available.

I think this might have something to do with some setting inside the software? Cause a couple of months ago i was still able to do it. I'm just not able to drag it over to the sample slot :/

Dries De Ruyck 0 votes

Has there been any update on this? I am facing the same issues and have the latest version of Rekordbox as of today, cannot find anything else online about this? I was able to succesfully move one sample to a sample pad but have not been able to do it since? does anyone know of a solution to this? Thank you

James Kemp 0 votes

My issue got fixed by itself shortly after.

I guess it's a bug. Maybe try with a older version? I know rekordbox saves every update in the installation folder

Dries De Ruyck 0 votes

Thanks for the video but I am already doing what it shows in this video. The issue is as above. When blue the selected loop will not drag and drop

Jolyon Gadd 0 votes

@Jolyon > What version of rekordbox are you using and on which OS?

Pulse 0 votes

Guys, think i found the problem > Go to rekordbox settings > controller > sampler > make sure the don't overwrite loaded slot is UNCHECKED

Dries De Ruyck 0 votes

Were you trying to drag the sample to a slot with an existing sample?

Pulse 0 votes

No. When I pick up the blue loop all it does is move it backwards and forwards. It won’t detach and drag across to a slot. It randomly worked once but won’t anymore. Similar to a post above.

Jolyon Gadd 0 votes