Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

New Rekordbox really slow

Hi everyone,
Probably a question that's been asked a million times before, but ive just bought my new DDJ 400's just installed rekordbox dj on my laptop and the software is so slow it takes like 5 seconds to respond on anything i do. Music sounds a bit laggy too. My laptop should be more than fast enough running i5 processor with 8gb ram.

Is there some settings i need to change on the software to get it running smoothly.?

Any help much appreciated

Thanks
Taz

Tariq amin

Official comment

Increase the buffer again; your computer specs or other applications running in the background on the computer could certainly contribute to system resource usage requiring a higher audio buffer size, meaning the computer can't keep up in providing a consistent stream of data for the audio output.

The idea is you set it to the lowest possible value where no audio errors persist when running as much as you could possibly use during a mix session (eg. effects, samples, etc). This value varies from computer to computer, so even two identical computers brand-new out of the box may require different buffer sizes.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

Just because your computer meets the minimum specs doesn't mean it will run the software properly -- have you verified that it's free of viruses, malware, and doesn't have any system-intensive processes or applications running?

Which OS is on the computer?

Pulse 0 votes

Hi

I can confirm I don't have malware/viruses or anything taking up CPU usage.

One thing I can update on though is that yesterday when i restarted the software the response time when back to normal selecting tracks scrolling through etc.

The problem now is when I'm playing music its laggy and jumps. It's not as bad when I just play the music through but as soon as I start to try a hot cue (its the only thing I've learnt so far) the the jumping gets worse sort of stop start cutting out quite considerably. Is there some kind of fix for this so the music plays smoothly and I can use all the effects smoothly.

Thanks

Taz

Tariq amin 0 votes

Hi thanks for the reply. So i tried the sound buffer increase that you suggested and it seemed to work, seemed to do a couple of mixes quite smooth and thought it had solved the problem. But the I brought another song in and started to do it agan, so suggest it's still not quite right.

Do you think this sound buffer will be the soul culprit? Is there a way of knowing where to fine tune it to make optimal for me or is it a guessing game by tweaking it to see when it stops completely?

Thanks

Tariq amin 0 votes