Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

DDJ 400 Audio Issue

I have recently setup a brand new DDJ 400 controller and when I play music using the onboard master output and the headphone output (this does also include PC master out), the two audio signals are not fully aligned/synchronized (the master output is delayed by a few milliseconds). I am not entirely sure why. Note, there is no additional processing after the physical controller master output.

Alex Ceremisinovs

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

The master output is connected to a set of powered speakers, I also tried connecting it to a different source such as another set of headphones.

Alex Ceremisinovs 0 votes

I used powered speakers that are no longer manufactured and the company that made them no longer exist. I have plugged in the master output to multiple sources of audio to see if there was any additional processing in the audio equipment that could have caused the tiny delay. However, after extensive testing, I have concluded that it is not my audio hardware that is the problem, it is either the controller itself or the driver that is running the controller. 

On a side note, I know what is expected in terms of audio output of pioneer's equipment, I personally DJ on the CDJ-900NXS and the DJM-900NXS2. 

Alex Ceremisinovs 0 votes

There's nothing within the DDJ-400 itself which would lead to a discrepancy in the audio timing between the headphones and the master output, which is why I was asking - many users run their outputs into a home theatre amplifier / receiver or soundbar, and those devices can introduce a delay through their spacial audio processing.

What are your computer specs and what is the audio buffer size set to within rekordbox?

Pulse 0 votes