Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Missing files because iTunes renaming my songs on Library

Hello, i had problem with my Rekordbox Collection, my collection are missing files because iTunes suddenly change my song name in my Library, formerly iTunes had limitation about file name, ex : 01. Rockstar (feat. 21 Savage).m4a being 01. Rockstar (feat. 21 Sav.m4a and then suddenly iTunes changed again into file name without limitation character so my filename back again into 01. Rockstar (feat. 21 Savage).m4a, and i cant bulk relocate my missing file coz it's have different filename. To the point, between rekordbox collection files and iTunes files are not Synced :(.

Thanks!

Ilham Santosa

Official comment

That's the downside of allowing iTunes to manage your music and why I avoid it and recommend others do as well.

You can use the iTunes sync manager to keep those files updated, but seriously... avoid iTunes if possible.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

Hi, is there any fix to undo this issue? 

I have fell foul of EXACTLY the same issue. I have no backup option either to roll back to the previous filenames. Is there any way to remap this other than locating every single file individually (painful for 1000s of tracks...)

HELP A FRIEND OUT PLEASE!

Tom Sweddy 0 votes

1) Uncheck this box:

2) Either re-import all songs or manually re-locate them.

Sorry!

Pulse 0 votes

1) If I reimport all songs, that means I lose all the hot cues and memory points etc that I had configured previously, right?

2) Just had a thought. I have all my files on my USB stick I use for CDJs! I looked and they are basically the same original filenames EXCEPT for some reason "-1" has been added at the end of every filename.

Is there a way to run a batch script to somehow remove this "-1" ? 

If so, then I believe Rekorbox will find all my tracks using the missing file manager and hey presto. Help is really appreciated!

Thanks

Tom Sweddy 0 votes

1) Correct.

2) The -1 exists likely because they were exported a second time and rather than overwriting the original file, it appended the -1 to the end. The original filename would help, but the folder structure they're in likely would not.

Yes, you could use a command-line function to have it find and remove the -1, but again, if it's not in the right folder, it won't help rekordbox.

Pulse 0 votes