Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Track analyse is poor

Hi, I’ve moved to rekordbox from Traktor and now realised it’s a bad bad move. The main reason for this is rekordbox’s underwhelming ability to analyse tracks.

Q- is there any hope for future updates sorting this out or shall I sell my new controller and head back to NI?

I’ve tried both analyse options on RB and it’s just so rubbish. Manually having to edit almost every track.

Robert Marsden

Please sign in to leave a comment.

4 comments

Hey Robert,

the analysis in Rekordbox works fine.

Are you sure you're using proper settings?

Pigi G 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Hi, thanks for the response. I’ve tried everything, all types of analyse options. What would you recommend trying?
95% of my tracks are either marked on the wrong beat or it can’t read the correct BPM. I’ve never had this problem with NI Traktor and can’t understand why rekordbox is so poor at doing this if it’s not house music.
I’ve read others complain about its lack of intelligence but surely I shouldn’t have to remark every track I import?

I’m interested to hear any suggestions you may have.

Thanks

Robert Marsden 0 votes

Tracks that can be correctly analyzed in traktor have a consistent tempo and must be always analyzed in normal mode in rekordbox.

Dynamic mode is an option you can try only when you're analyzing tracks with a live drummer that don't have a consistent tempo. Never use dynamic mode to analyze tracks with electronic drum/consistent tempo and don't forget to revert to normal when you don't need dynamic mode any longer.

For very slow or very fast tracks you can adjust the bpm range in the analysys preferences.

I can tell you that only in a few cases I have to adjust the beatgrid.

Pigi G 0 votes

Hi, yeah I understand the dynamic option etc, but it’s just a pain in the arse when mixing on the fly. Being some one that mixes things from jazz to hiphop and electronica the program for me hands down is Traktor Pro 3. I don’t have to mess about with my beat grid it just works. So I’ve decided to sell my RB controller and go back to the better software for me.
Thanks for the advice though and maybe pioneer will nail this in the next few years 👍🏼

Robert Marsden 0 votes