Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

USB 64g 3.1 and CDJ

Hi everyone, 

I just bought a Samsung USB 64gb and it is giving me problems on the CDJs. I did format it to FAT32 but apparently is not good to do it with USBs bigger than 32 gb. On my Mac I don't have the possibility to format to HFS+ which is the format suggested for Pioneer costume service. 

Basically some songs can't be read for the CDJs and after 20 or 30 minutes spinning it stops to recognize the USB and I have to plug it again... and again... 

Any suggestion fellas??

Gonzalo Rey

Please sign in to leave a comment.

7 comments

Open the Disk Utility on your Mac, when you format (erase) the stick HFS+ is on top in the drop down menu of different formats. The naming is a bit confusing.

The Henrik Maneuver 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Having comparable issues with a new Samsung 64g 3.1 Bar Plus.  Have used it for two gigs so far... Have experienced three failures across those two gigs.  Is it possible the Samsung drives are not fully compatible with the Pioneer CDJs?  

I've never heard of HFS+ formatting.  What is it recommended for? Also on a Mac.

Ikah Love 0 votes

First and foremost, the maximum drive size for FAT32 is 16TB, so that's really not a problem for most cases.

It's entirely possible that those particular Samsung drives have an issue with the CDJs. Are you both using the same 64GB Bar Plus, and both FAT32?

Pulse 0 votes

Mine is this model:

Bar Plus 64GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive

Gonzalo Rey 0 votes

In doing some research, I've read that issues with APE vs ID3 tags can trigger these issues.  Can someone speak to this and the likelihood of it being the source problem?

Ikah Love 0 votes

It certainly is possible; posted an answer to that effect in another thread.

Pulse 0 votes