Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Rekordbox Lyrics and copyright

Hi,

I understand that the lyrics are synced from COTODAMA database which is also syncing from petitlyrics database. In addition, there is an application made available by petitlyrics in which we can prepare synced lyrics for the songs not available on the database. I tried this application and it works great.

The problem is that when I posted it on the petitlyrics website, rekordbox can't acquire the lyrics. I sent an e-mail to petitlyrics and they said that for this song there is no copyright owned by Pioneer DJ and that's why rekordbox can't acquire the lyrics.

So my question, if we are not able to make synced lyrics for the missing songs how can we resolve this?

Thanks

Hassen 

DJ Hassen Gaied

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

Dear Sir,

Basically PioneerDJ is not involved in copyright processing. However, as it is necessary to find out if it is a bug, could you please tell us the name of your registered petitlyrics account and track name.

Thanks,

Kanta 0 votes

Hi,

My registered lyrics account is: HassenG

The name of the song is : La liberté - Artist: Soolking

Thanks

Hassen 

DJ Hassen Gaied 0 votes

Dear Sir,

OK, we found your registered lyric on petitlyrics.

Could you please try "acquire lyrics" as below on context menu at rekordbox.

Note that "Artist" and "Title" must copy and paste as same below, and NO "Album" and "Duration".

Artist : Soolking

Title : La liberté

And we also can see lyric as below.

If you still not get lyric, this lyric not approve your country. We PioneerDJ can not operate about copyright issue any longer.

Thanks,

Kanta 0 votes

Hi,

Unfortunately I am still not able to get the lyrics. For your information, I am based in Tunisia. 

So it depends on the song copyright to be able to get lyrics or not

Thanks

Hassen 

DJ Hassen Gaied 0 votes

Hi again,

What are the copyright details on the music file you used to test this song?

Thanks

Hassen 

DJ Hassen Gaied 0 votes