Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Rekordbox playlist sizes much bigger than itunes playlist size

Hi friends, i have this really annoying problem that started with latest update.

The playlist sizes (gb) on rekordbox are almost double than the playlist sizes on iTunes. Because of this now music wont fit on USB drives.

Any ideas what could be going on? I tried everything, reinstall, older versions, nothing works.

Pablo Sánchez

Please sign in to leave a comment.

2 comments

rekordbox doesn't transcode audio files, but it does have to export the grid / waveform / album artwork data (which is not very big), so I'm not sure why it might be "doubling" the data.

Does this only happen when you're trying to update a USB drive? Have you tried formatting the drive to export the playlists from scratch?

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

No. Its iTunes playlist inside of Rekordbox. Its not about the USB drive, its that the playlist are much bigger inside rekordbox than they are in iTunes.

One folder of playlists is 27 gb in iTunes and the same folder is 55gb in rekordbox.

I reinstalled, installed prior versions, nothing happens. This is very strange and starting to worry me since i need to sync my usb drives to travel.

box

Pablo Sánchez 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink