Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

CDJ 2000 Nexus (one) in 2019 - worth buying ?

Hello,
so - here is my question. Are CDJ 2000 Nexus worth buying in 2019 for 2600 euros for a pair ? Used about 10 times and "like brand new". Guy says he bought them new in 12/2018 which made me a little suspicious because I can't find any online stores selling them, only Nexus 2 - newer model. (pair of CDJ 2000 Nexus 2 is about 4000 euros in my country)
What do you think, with them not being the latest model and considering that Pioneer will probably introduce new CDJ soon - is bying CDJ 2000 Nexus in 2019 good investment ?
Thanks in advance :)

Stevan

Please sign in to leave a comment.

4 comments

I find the Nexus 1 model really good, the price is fair but as you wrote there will probably be a new model released soon. This means that used Nexus 2 units will drop to that price range. Ask yourself if you really need the CD drive, if not, take a look at the XDJ-1000 MK2. The only drawback is that some buttons, especially the hot cues, are on the touch screen. 

The Henrik Maneuver 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated :) XDJ 1000 MK2 is my second choice. But, I'd really prefer real buttons instead od touchscreen. Also, the units I tried were either in really bad condition or they were brand new (above 2000 euros for a pair). If I only knew when Pioneer will come out with new model...

Stevan 0 votes

take the xdj1000mk2 and use the sp1 or xp1 ...for the best experience possible :-)

Daniel Ventura 0 votes

XDJ1000MK2 is about 2500-2600 euros brand new for a pair in my country (probably the most expencive in the world). I tried 2 used pairs and both of them had issues so big that I wouldn't buy them no matter how low the price is. I don't know if it is build quality or coincidence, but there were touchscreen problems on one pair (on each one) and some jog wheel, button and connection problems on other two I tried... Thanks for the suggestion anyway, man :)

Stevan 0 votes