Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

Lack of Sorting [WORKAROUND]

The main issue with the Beta as far as I can see is that it does not support manual sorting of your track list. I use this a lot with normal playlists.

But i found a little workaround.

1) add the "comment" column in rekordbox

2) enter your preferred number order

3) sort ascending 

presto ....

FreshTechno

Please sign in to leave a comment.

7 comments

that's still way too long with 1000's of tracks, particularly if you don't know the tracks.

Robbie Ennoia-Abstrkt Miller 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

yeah for sure - its a solution for 20-30 maybe - but not 1000s. But do you really sort 1000s of tracks manually? All other columns can be sorted. 

FreshTechno 0 votes

@FreshTechno > Do you not have the # column visible? Sometimes it can be narrowed so far you don't see it.

Pulse 0 votes

Yeah but it forces the beatport order into rekordbox. I prefer to work through sets in rekordbox and group related tracks together manually on a playlist. This is not possible with playlists from Beatport or Spotify - so I came up with the comment workaround for now.

FreshTechno 0 votes

Doh :) My bad. Sorry.

Once subscribed to BP Link Pro - you can turn the Bearport Playlist into a playlist in Rekordbox which is great - but you still cant manually sort. 

FreshTechno 0 votes

can you renumber track order, remove sort criteria and then renumber track order again - i use this with play lists that I want in a particular order but then want to be able to manually move tracks around.

Mike Lawson 0 votes