Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Beta 2 CDJ2000NXS2 Display and Button State sync issue.

Unfortunately I don't have a pic or a video for this one, but the beat grid went out on just 1 track by the end on the full colour waveform display of the NXS2. The grid was correct on the RB display on my laptop but at some point it went 1/3 to 1/2 a beat out on 1 player after I had played for half an hour or so. It didn't persist with the next loaded track but still it happened so I thought you should know.

I do have video for this next bit though.

When RBDJ is started with my NXS2 setup attached through CAT5 to the DJM900NXS2 and USB to the laptop, Master Tempo, auto queue, remaining time and quantise do not show the same as the computer. If you press them once and they are in the on state in RB then nothing happens as the light is turned off from the prog and you must press it twice to get the light to ignite. See video below:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wEegH35khiwVn7g87

Robbie Ennoia-Abstrkt Miller

Please sign in to leave a comment.

8 comments

The MT thing looks like a bug, but the hot cue buttons aren't illuminated because it didn't look like there were any hot cues on that track.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Yeah I wasn't talking about hotcues, I don't use them, it's the remain/auto cue and Quantize and the MT that don't sync on load of RBDJ and/or connection of CDJ's. Also there's a beatgrid anomally on the display, correct in software, out by 1/4 beat on CDJ's. I have another video I need to edit out of an hours mix that i'll post of the 2 issues

Robbie Ennoia-Abstrkt Miller 0 votes

It was hard to tell - you said "these buttons" and panned over to the hot cue area, so I wasn't clear on what you meant. Thanks.

Pulse 0 votes

Yeah no worries, it might affect them too but i Have nothing to reference it with atm. I have noticed also that the 1st time you use the slip reverse it maybe doesn't do anything, then the next it does. Occassionallly it can be slow to react so if you're too quick it won't reverse.

@Robbie > It actually looked like (in the second case) that the grid was on, but the waveform was off...

Pulse 0 votes

I would agree, whatever has happened it's not displaying something correctly.

It's not based on the track either because I have seen it happen on a track and next time I played it it was fine. So it's happening on load. But reloading the track doesn't fix it in that session.