Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

Hot Cue Colors Missing

RekordBox 5.6.0, Mojave, DDJ-1000 Firmware 1.06

Every few DJ sessions my hot cue buttons all turn purple. I usually have a few green, few yellow, etc. Randomly (5-20 minutes into my set, if at all) my controller's Hot Cue pads for some reason all turn purple.

RekordBox shows I'm in hot cue mode. I verified I'm on page 1. The buttons still work, but since they're all purple, I'm not sure what they're supposed to play, or if tapping them will play something or set a new hot cue. I must use my screen to see what color the pads should be mapped to which is not fun.

This bug impacts all decks. I must reset the controller & rekordbox software to mitigate this, but that isn't an option while mid-set.

Brandon Nalls

Official comment

We're aware of this issue with the DDJ-1000 and our engineers are working to resolve the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

8 comments

I am also having the same issue where the performance pads turn purple mid set. 

Christopher Lewis 1 vote

If you change pad modes, from Hot Cue to any other mode and back, do they restore to coloured?

Pulse 0 votes

No, that doesn't mitigate the issue. The page buttons don't help, loading another track doesn't help, etc. The pads get stuck purple until I restart the controller.

Brandon Nalls 0 votes

I am still experiencing this issue. I have rekordbox 5.8.3, latest firmware and the new january drivers.

Loading another track doesn't help. The only way to fix it is to interrupt your set, turn off the controller, turn it back on, wait for it to reconnect, and then keep playing.

Brandon Nalls 0 votes

Hi, I reported this over a year and a half ago. This product is still not functioning correctly. Several other users have been experiencing the same problem.  See other reports in this thread: https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360055532072-DDJ-1000-Pad-Colors-All-Purple-intermittently-Deck-displays-go-minimal

Are you going to fix this or give us refunds? This is clearly a problem. I can't perform on this since I may lose some core functionality mid-set, so this is not providing the value I paid for. I would expect high quality products from PioneerDJ, but I have waited 20 months and my product still doesn't have an update that fixes this problem.

Brandon Nalls 0 votes

I've been having this issue as well. Actually thought I was going crazy haha. And I just tried on Rekordbox 6 :(

Lukas Schmit 0 votes

There was a beta fix developed in January however a fault was discovered in testing and the necessary staff has not been available to correct the issue yet due to Coronavirus work restrictions; we hope they will be able to release it soon. Thank you for your patience.

Pulse 0 votes